I am SOOOOO ready. I have BIG expectations this year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Big Bengal, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

LSU does have some very special players. 54 days and counting. I believe Mauck is going to impress and suprise us. I believe LSU will win the close games this year. That puts us in the SEC Champion ship. :geaux:

2. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Bottom line, the QB question is a bit shaky. But, we have some studs waiting to battle it out for position on the depth chart. As for Mauck. Between the SEC championship game and beating florida at florida, that is enough for me. The games don't get any bigger than that really and he comes to play. He doesn't wow you with flash or anything. He just gets the job done in a big-time serious game. He showed the character and poise I hope those incoming guys will have.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Freshman

Unfortunately the Texas Tiger is correct about the LSU QB.
    Matt Mauck can get it done (6W-1L) but after that LSU loses to Auburn/Alabama 61-6 - this happened in the second half of the Cotton Bowl also. Why is Berlin, Rawls and Booty(USC) and Lane AWOL(are they from Louisiana)?. Who is the LSU football coach, why is Berlin not playing QB for LSU?

4. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Ok, I can understand where you are all coming from....but give the kid a break. Randall had as much experience in the AU game as Mauck had in the VT game. They were both fresh new qb's last year. Now they both have a year under their belt and I expect to see a lot of maturity this year at qb. Just have faith in your Tigers and they will do the rest. We have what it takes to be in the Top 5.

Don't forget that last year A LOT of passes were DROPPED!!!! I'm talking a lot more than normal....this is something that was fixed in spring, because I didnt see hardly any dropped passes.

Its going to be a fun road to Victory come Aug 30th.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Lets see here...

Lane was a pansy and didn't want to have to compete for the QB position. He was an LSU commit but then backed down when he realized that LSU had two other studs coming in that were just as good as him.

Brent Rawls- Wouldn't want him. He is 4th string for Oklahoma. Plus he is from Evangel.

Booty(USC)- The booty's feel like Abram was misused at LSU and that Josh wasn't treated right. Plus, Evangel players in general have something against LSU(Maybe its because LSU actually realizes how badly Evangel players end up in College)

As far Berlin- I think it came down between Miami, Florida, and LSU. We really didn't stand a chance as this was the time when LSU had absolutely no realationship with Evangel. I think Berlin considered LSU just because of him being from Shreveport, but Spurrier wooed him to Florida where he road the bench...

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I do have faith and nothing would make me happier to see both of the dominate however I was 3 rows off the field at the Cotton Bowl. Till this day I remember when LSU was on the 20 and driving to get within 8 points of UT. Randall Missing not one, not two but three wide open WR's across the middle, not only did he miss them but he threw it so poorly even the UT DB could not get to it. I remember seeing Clayton look to Saban and shake his head. He had plenty of experience by then.

Hopefully I am wrong, this is just my opinion having watched they guys for a year.
    I dont wear a headset and I trust Saban. So whatever he does I know it gives LSU the best chance to win.

-- I edited post after proper toungue lashing -- ;)

7. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

Bashing Evangel players is EXTREMELY counter-productive.
    Evangel does produce some great athletes. Let's NOT get into all the things that went on between Dinardo and Evangel and what caused a problem. Let's NOT bash any players. We are recruiting a high-profile DE from there that LSU has near the top of the priority list. What do you think he thinks when he comes on the internet and hears LSU fans bashing Evangel and saying there are no good players there? He thinks if he slips up one time, those fans are going to be all over him and saying, "See, I told ya so," and rooting against him.

Let's think before we post.

Evangel has good kids and bad kids just like every other high school. They run a great system and have been very successful. The kids are coached well.

I hope our relationship with them continues to improve. I think Saban has done a good job restoring it.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Well said Big Bengal.

9. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

I was just doing a google search and came across this post from 2 years ago. It made me smile. :D

10. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

It's weird seeing them talk about the waiting for the 2003 season to begin while their avitars are of the 2004 Sugar Bowl NC game :crystal: :cool: