I call your boycott and raise you your lights

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, May 19, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

la started this with a boycott, and now they have wadded panties over a threat of retaliation? helllooooo...... did they think arizona would just drop to their knees and say "please sir, we went some more"?

if you cant pee straight, dont start a pissin match.:rolleye33:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wonder what the Arizona company that supplies power to Los Angeles thinks about that.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This could be a Dam problem for Ca, considering that Az and Nv sorta control the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, which supplies a lot of the electricity and water to SoCal.

5. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME?

[​IMG]

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

the thing is 25% of Los Angeles is powered by some company or companies in Los Angeles. I bet that 25% is a nice chunk of change, and if i were running a business, i wouldn't want some Arizona official telling a paying client of that magnitude that they can screw off if they don't like our immigration law, regardless if i support the law or not.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If that were the case then maybe they would be unhappy, but it's not. AZ is threatening the power because they are being economically threatened by a neighbor for millions of dollars. AZ problem is fiscal. Los Angeles has made a fiscal threat based upon moral grounds and they don't have the stones for the fight. Los Angeles is a dump and the rest of the country is laughing their a$$ off at them right now.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

clearly nonsense.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

as evidenced by the "waaaaaaa" attitude.

if the state controls the water and/or power, not a private company, not a dam thing (pun intended) la can do.

i certainly am. i remember back in the early 80's the bumper stickers in the oil patch states (especially in cities like houston) that read "let em freeze in the dark". a statement towards yankees bitching about the high cost of oil and their wadded panties and talk of boycotts.

same here. let em swelter in the dark.:thumb:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

1. they wont do anything

2. they almost certainly have contracts that prevent them from doing anything

3. utilities are heavily regulated such that there is no way they can do anything.