I cannot believe how dirty the Vols play!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ed~, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Volsense

Volsense Guest

Dirty play?

Ed, you have to be kidding about the late hits. There was only one that could've been considered and that was at the sidelines and 2 officials were on top of it and neither threw a flag. If you want to see late hits, watch Alex Brown hit a QB long after the whistle or this year when Clausen was being tackled out of bounds and hit extremely late at Florida. You win and all you can do is whine about a late hit that wasn't called. Grow up and act like your Tiger brethren and win with class instead of looking for something to bitch about. You deserved the win so act like you've been there before like your coach and players.

2. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

Re: Dirty play?

I guess the punch to Davey's facemask is okay with you. I guess you also condone those late hits against Bama by your punter. Raise your ethical standards and see what the rest of the SEC sees.

Ed

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't think Fulmer coaches dirty, but from reading what a couple of other Vol fans think, there are a couple of dirty players on the team this year. This Vol fan must either ignore the dirty play or not be as well-informed as most Vol fans.

4. Volsense

Volsense Guest

Re: Re: Dirty play?

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: Re: Re: Dirty play?

Ed, if you tell me you were in Tuscaloosa to see the UT - Alabama and claim our punter who is a true freshman and weighs 175 pounds was playing dirty, you are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey. Anyone who would believe that garbage would have to be borderline insane at best. Bama had several helmet to helmet hits on Clausen not including a tackle that was by the face mask that could've broken his neck. No flags, never happened. If you think that you can single out ANY SEC team that doesn't play with all the aggression they can then you are not being realistic. I agree with you that dirty playing should never be allowed under any circumstances, but I also recognize the speed these players are moving and how the angles of the contact sometimes are not true indications of what the collision was about. I, like you, have to depend on the officiating to determine if the rules are being broken. No flag, never happened. That is how we were taught when we perceived otherwise in a game. That way it doesn't get to you and you go on. What you are claiming were dirty hits were not judged that way by the officials. Never happened because your perception doesn't count because it has no cause or effect on the act taking place. LSU fans have been fun to meet and deal with. You are the first one to bring BS like this up, but try not to taint a magnificent effort by your school and players by whining about what you perceived, but baseless and had no bearing of the game.

6. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dirty play?

Did I say or imply I was at the game? No, didn't think so. Did you not see the replays of it on ESPN? Guess not. Again, if you people wanna be in denial about it, that's your problem. Hell, we don't have a problem admitting that our secondary struggles because we don't deny the obvious.

Ed