I come in peace to fill you in on something

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dick the Bruiser, Sep 5, 2016.

1. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

well the first year DC at Wisconsin from USC ate his lunch

you'd think that the our DC knowing all of the Wisconsin players would have had a better game plan

maybe the Bruiser is right, maybe he is wrong

maybe it's because the DC's playing against LSU can realize that as long as Miles is the coaching up our offense that it's predictable and except for the gadget play very easy to coach against

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shouldnt we be telling this dude aranda had the number one defensive efficiency ranking in the nation before we picked him up.

thats a pretty relevant metric.

Rouxleaux and GregLSU like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The bread and butter of a Saban defense is the blitz. If a coach has the right athletes, it can dismantle an offense. Jason White still has nightmares about the delayed blitz that put him on his ass at the end of the 2003 BCSNCG.

Personally, I was disappointed on Saturday that we weren't blitzing Bart "Starr" Houston. I truly think we had the athletes to rattle him early and often. One knock on Chavis' defenses down the line at LSU is that he gave QB's all the time in the world. The only elite QB who couldn't do anything against LSU was Johnny Football at A & M.

Rouxleaux and GregLSU like this.
  4. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

except it was on Wisconsin's schedule and maybe he was shell shocked but he knew his own former team and players inside and out and got gashed?

he's a MIles's hire so I will reserve some caution

5. tirk

im not sure he gave up 30 his final yr there much less 40. i thought he had a good year. this guy doth protest too much.

arandas a good hire. no we looked average after one game but good god, this is les' 300th game. give him time.

6. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

Ive explained all of that many times in this thread. I dont know about you,.... but IMO I want a defensive CO that is going to make his mark against the Ohio States and Alabama's of the world, not against Minnesota or Mississippi. Thats not NEXT LEVEL. Looks good at the end of the year stat wise,... but in the end its all a bunch of smoke and mirrors bullschitt.

7. tirk

ok you made your point. move on to something else. youre hoping he fails. I get it. we said the same shit about saban. well many here did. lots of peoples hopes become their reality. i think thats the case here.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  8. Dick the Bruiser

Dick the Bruiser Freshman

No Im not hoping he fails. I dont care if he fails or succeeds, LSU is of no relevance to me at all. I just thought I would pass on some info from a Badger fans perspective. What you do with the info is up to you, you can either believe it or not. Lastly,.... in no way am I saying that Aranda is a bad DC,.... he's not. In fact he's good. But he's not a next level guy, not a guy who can take a team to the next level simply because IMO his defenses are wayyyyy too risky and tend to leave players hanging out to dry on certain plays due to the inherent unsoundness of his scheme.

9. tirk

time will tell. nothing is static except les miles offense. a much bigger issue. this is like saying it may rain in s. louisiana during hurricane season. not an issue at the moment.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

So was Greg Williams and his opportunistic, aggressive d was a big reason the Saints won a SB.

Richdog likes this.