I commend Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 3, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

With all of the talk of Lane and Russell now, it seems people are forgetting about Matt Flynn. Flynn is consideried the top QB in Texas and nobody is giving him any credit. I truely believe that he will be the real deal at LSU. Through out all of the controversy with Lane keeping his committment to LSU and Russell holding us in limbo to where he will sign, Flynn has stood strong with his committment to LSU. He has not bitched about having to compete for the starting job. Flynn is confident in his abilities and is not worried about what someone else is going to do. Flynn is the true Tiger here and I want to commend him for acting like a classy young man.
    GEAUX FLYNN

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Although he has stayed firm I saw somewhere last week that he did makes comments about "if" there were 3 QBs signed. He didn't say anything about changing his commitment but only that 3 would reduce reps in the fall and make it harder to get ready....Lane said something similar but we all wish that was all he was saying.

3. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I also commend Flynn for making an early commitment and sticking with it. It's very hard for a top guy who commits early to not feel pressure from other schools later on in recruiting. Flynn will definitely be my favorite in this class when it comes time to compete for the starting job.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Even if we are just left with Flynn, we are still in good shape for recruiting. I would still say we had the top class in the nation. I think if a QB is good enough to turn down UT and turn down and nagging Fran, he must be pretty damn good. He is good in my book for now. As for as Lane and Russell...if we end up with one of these two, that would be AMAZING. Both of these guys are considered two of the top High School QB's in the nation. Its a nervous situation with these two guys, but I would rather be in this situation than to have not been in it all...shows Saban is the recruiting machine we know he is...

5. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

Flynn the Man

I really like Matt Flynn and from what I gathered his attitude is awesome. The competition does not seem to rattle his cage and he is already willing to be redshirted. He has stood firm on his commitment to LSU throughout all the rumors and statements made by all involved. A true Tiger!!

Just my .02

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I really haven't heard any comments from Flynn since he turned down Franchione. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same reservations that Lane does, but is just keeping his mouth shut. It's smart not to go public with with your personal pride issues.

7. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Flynn is a Hoss! It would not suprise me at all to see him start next year. Anyone else notice the simularitys btwn him and Rohan when Ro was recruited? :)