I did not know that this free site was not free anymore

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

some of you need to get out of that dorm go down the street get a hair cut and go try and get you some because being a geek and jerkin off in you room is not cool.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

forget all that was said above.......

Do you think this site is worth $12 a year?

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Do you really think he gives a flying **** whether you donate or not now?

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

[font=&quot]
    First, this isn't a "recruiting" site. It's an LSU discussion forum.
    Second, those that don't want to donate don't have to. The forum is still free to those that want to read and post. Most people haven't donated and the forum is still here because of the generosity of the few that have.

It isn't a pay site. When you buy something you enter into an unwritten contract that you will receive something in return. I guarantee nothing in return for a donation. I've only stated that the site needs money to continue and I'll do my best to keep it running as long as I can.

TigerForums.com isn't a content provider. It's only purpose is to provide a forum in which LSU fans can share opinions and information. People are allowed to share and discuss issues and information regardless of where they learned of it.

Yes, the roundtable forum is now only for those that contribute to the costs of keeping this forum running. This is an LSU forum. The site is still completely free for anyone and everyone that wants to read and discuss LSU.

I never slammed you. Like you, I voiced my opinion. Unlike you though I'm usually not stupid enough to bite the hand that feeds me.
    [/font]

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Are you trying to tell me that is not fired up? Attacking Brett on the FREE forum instead of sending him an email asking questions and voicing concerns. If you have to talk movies and politics find a free site that lets you do that. If you want to talk LSU sports for free this is the best thing going. If you are just noticing the changes maybe $12 is too much for you to pay for such limited use. Since you are also the only one to pitch a hissy fit about the changes I would guess the board will survive with or without you.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Um, that is EXACTLY what happened. The huge size of this forum became too expensive for one guy to pay out of his pocket. He politely asked for DONATIONS, yet kept it free for EVERYONE. Most of us VOLUNTARILY DONATED. As a reward for our DONATION, we are granted a few extra special features, like avatars and access to off-topic forums.

This is the main (and only) sports section. It is and always will be free. You don't have to pay anything. If you would like to help out by donating you may choose to do so.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I wonder if this guy will pass my -25 rep points?

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Nah. You'll just keep on posting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walked right into that one, Crawfish. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

9. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

yeh, like YOU were going to donate.... and the irony is that you are posting without paying and complaining that its not free. :shock:

:lsug:
    :champs:

:eek:lefire:

10. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

Man, something is wrong with this guy. Can you get any more defensive. I wasnt planning on donating, because I am back from a hiatus since the Sugarbowl, and I didnt know about it. Also I am living hand to mouth right now. But after the selfishness and stupidity I see, I think I might just scrounge up $12 and help Brett out.