I don't think Dave Campo took the Jaguars job.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Feb 5, 2005.

1. max

max Founding Member

I googled Campo, and the story that read Campo was expected to go to Jacksonville as an assistant is dated January 19. Then there is something written on January 21 that says Campo "was expected" to take a postion with the Jaguars.

Carl Smith was hired as OC after the Campo rumor and he is listed as the OC on their website. Dave Campo is not listed. Add to that the stories that have Campo going to LSU as DC, and I wonder. If Campo is going to coach the Jaguars, why haven't they fired Mike Smith as DC and why has he not taken the job or had any stories written in the last two weeks regarding it?

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

If Carl Smith is the OC only a fool would want to be the DC of this losing team.

We should know the DC for LSU in less than 72 hours.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Woohoo!!! Even MORE excitement on the horizon!

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Campo was not offered the DC position for Jax afaik. He was offered an asst. HC/DB coach position.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Is that the same run-run-pass-punt Carl Smith of Mora's Saints? Am I thinking of the right guy? If so, I'm going to send my resume to the NFL teams to get an OC position.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He's been the Quarterbacks coach at USC, (2003-04), quarterbacks coach at Cleveland (2001-03) and New England(1997-99) after being the offensive coordinator of the Saints from 86-96. I think the USC position along with the development of Matt Leinart really helped him get this job at Jacksonville.

"He spent the next 11 seasons (1986-96) as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach with the New Orleans Saints before going to the New England Patriots for 3 seasons (1997-99), the first as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach and the next 2 as the tight ends coach. His teams advanced into the playoffs 7 times, as the Saints did so 4 times (1987-90-91-92 while winning the NFC West title in 1991), the Patriots did so in 1997 (after winning the AFC East crown) and 1998, and the Browns did it in 2002. He wrote for NFL.com in 2000."

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_carl00.html

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

ok so once again with all that said....campo is probably our guy?