I don't understand Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The complete abandonment of coaching? Did your take your meds today. Mr. Chosenone?

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

You can't script plays for anything other than the opening series, or the opening series after the half, and you do that at halftime. Not on Wednesday.

This is complete crap. Lots of teams script the first 5 or 6 or even 10 plays from scrimmage. But at some point you have to use you phuckin head and see what you need for the situation.

After listening tonight I know exactly why we run double tight sets and hand off up the gut with 8 in the box on 2nd and 8. Apparently our coaches worked hard all week and all they wanna do on Saturday is put their feet up and watch football like the rest of us. Unfortunately it isn't fun to watch when know one is pushing the buttons.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't take meds. That doesn't mean I don't need em though.

Seriusly though, Please point out to me one game this year where you can watch the second half and think, "good they figured it out at halftime."

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Washington.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That's what we do. That's what that whole looking-to-the-sideline thing is. We line up at the line of scrimmage to freeze the D (because we can quick snap it), and then our OC looks at what the D is giving us and we call a play to take advantage of this.

Les has specifically said this in one of his press conferences, that we are looking at the D and taking advantage of what they are giving us on each play.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

We are ranked 109th in the NCAA in offense. We ain't takin advantage of s h i t!

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yes, we all know this. You can cry about it all you want, but that isn't solving anything.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree. but sitting around defending it sure as hell isn't going to solve anything either.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Les is on contract with LSU through the 2012 season with a $18 million buyout clause. There may be a clause saying we can fire him for cause before 2012 without having to pay the buyout if he doesn't get at least 8-win seasons, but I'm not sure.

Our Board of Directors, President, etc all want LSU to continue being one of the most dominant programs in the NCAA, and our football program is one of the most valuable monetary programs in the NCAA according to Forbes. If Les isn't keeping us at the level of one of the most dominant programs in the NCAA, he'll be gone as soon as we can fire him.

But until we do, we might as well support him. He is a representative of LSU, and as an LSU grad, I find it insulting to see other LSU people insult such a high-profile representative of LSU like Les Miles. There is no point to it if you are an LSU person. Sure, if you are a Bama fan or Florida fan, have at it. I insult Saban and Meyer all the time.

If it has gotten so bad for any of you that you actually lost faith in Les Miles and even you want to insult him, then go find another hobby that you enjoy until we get a new coach at LSU. If I lost faith in Les, that's what I'd do if I was in your shoes.

10. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

This was the overriding theme on 1240 in Baton Rouge on Monday. Many were comparing Miles demeanor to that of DiNardo. Personally, I have a hard time remembering DiNardo's state only to say it wasn't good. Maybe I've blocked that time out.

We will see what CLM has the rest of the way. If we go 10-2 I'd say that comparisons to GD are off base but if we drop say 4-5 games this year let the discussions begin. Time will tell.