I don't understand Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Again: LSU's offensive production has been severely disappointing... and you can cry about it all you want, but that isn't solving anything.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Well, then you better step-up and live up to those words, big guy.

3. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

EXACTLY! All these "LSU Fans" either say it or allude to it: they want Les out. I've never heard such idiotic posts in all my time here. We lost one game to the #1 team in the nation, but Les has to go. How dare Les have such a losing season. All these guys can coach better than Les.
    I have only one question: How many IDIOTS can post in one forum? Seems to me there's an unlimited excess of brainless morons that know how to fix an LSU team that has one loss this season.

View attachment 12453

Keep up the helpful coaching suggestions, asswipes.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I know some people think its blasphemous to criticize Miles but the evidence is overwhelming that we are suffering from coaching abandonment.

First off were making the same mistakes all season. There isnt any improvements in that area, still far too many dumb penalties. LSU lacks discipline. Thats coaching.

LSU has far too much talent for the pathetic, inept O that we have. Sure you can talk about JJ and the OL but the fact is we arent coaching to the talent thats one the team. You have to tailor it. We need more misdirection to help cover up JJ and the OLs weaknesses. We also need to get Lee in some series. Plus Shepard is being wasted away. We should be in more spread type plays with him getting a lot more touches.

The fact is that LSU isnt coaching up the players like in years past. Thats pretty damn obvious.

LSU is yet to put together one good freakin half of football! Thats pathetic.

I could go on and on. Face it people Miles isnt doing a good job. I support him and would love to keep him here but Im not seeing any reason to believe he will fix things. Last year we heard the D will improve and the great speech every week. This year we hearing the same speech about the O improving. Sounds like something is wrong and it starts at the top.

Some say who can we get. Brian Kelly from Cinci would be a good look. Promoting Chavis is another option, he has coached for a long time. Peterson from Boise St. Schinao might be a lil more apt to listen now that Rutgers hasnt quite taken off like expected. There are a ton of options out there, LSU has all the instate talent and recruits well in the south where the talent lies. Im sure we can entice a good young coach or even entice a verteran coach.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Wow, "asswipes". That witty, intelligent response really put me in my place.

You people must have some sort of reading comprehension disability. So a friendly suggestion from this asswipe is for you to complete that GED so you can understand what I post.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

clm may be trying to rewrite history a little bit. there were little obstacles to calling whatever play you could want in the first half. average yards to go on 3rd downs was 3. 1st downs werent super successful but 2nd down rushes were consistently good (6.5 yd avg).---and penalties werent a problem in the first half either.

second half is a different story. perhaps he was only referring to half of the game?

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I am going to trust the coach, because thats the horse that got us here.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i told you all this after les' first year. he's like dating one of those over the top crazy chicks.

theres no way to understand him because he doesnt understand himself.

you just gotta let the blind man take the wheel and try not to think too much about it.

it will never make sense. when its good, its great and all the other stuff is forgotten.

but the crazy part is tough to digest if you're a thinking person. just do like me and try not to think. ive got that part down to a science.

9. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

not to inter up your discussion but I thought this was bama's QB's first year as a starter? Personally I think Miles is a descent coach, but I do question the scheme and play calling from Gary Crowton. I just am not sure he is all what we hoped he would be!!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You have a real knack for hysterical exaggeration. :dis:

We have a quarterback problem and it's being worked on, you know. Miles and Crowton could change the whole offense but it won't make Jefferson be able to make his hot reads, stay in the pocket, and get the passes off in time.