I don't understand Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Chukker V

Chukker V Freshman

This looks like a good thread for me to get another one of those little crimson boxes this site seems so generous with. Roll Tide.

I think Miles, like him or not, is about the best the LSU fans can hope for. Whether you take this as good news or bad news depends on your opinion of him.

2. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

I don't think that I let JJ off the hook. He has many deficiencies that I noted. He holds the ball too long, drops back too far, doesn't step up in the pocket and will not throw the ball away when in trouble. He also tends to float the ball, has a slow release and locks in on one receiver. Nonetheless, these come with the territory when you have an inexperienced QB. Most of these problems can be fixed with experience, except the slow release.

However, the OL is not as good as last year. The fact that we can't pick up first downs on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 proves that. They aren't the type of Oline that can impose its will on the opponent. I think they are getting better as a group, but they still have a ways to go. It takes awhile for an Oline to jell and they are getting better every week.

I also think that Crowton hasn't done a good job of adjusting to the fact that he has an average Oline and inexperienced QB. Moreover, there is no excuse for not getting the ball in RS hands.

I said at the beginning of the year and I still believe we are an Oline away from being a dominant team. It would also help to have Hester or Quinn Johnson at FB.

2 people like this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

well i think probation and bama were made for each other. not sure if you take that as good news or bad news. !twocrystals!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah, and BCS losses is about the best period blood fans can hope for as well.

5. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

Thanks.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i dunno, they're not even that big of a line anymore. i think size is a disadvantage for us this year. i forgot what source it was comparing us to UF and UGa's line but we were smaller. noticeably smaller.

but like you said, i dig smarts over size on a line anyway.

7. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

Your right. Our Oline is too small. I don't know what Ciron Black's excuse is. I heard somewhere that he is having some physical problems, like arthritic ankles or something. Maybe that explains his drop off in play.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:rofl:

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

He says that every game. he's a coach. just like a politician...liars.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Yes! I feel like I'm watching a Wisconsin game. B-O-R-I-N-G!