I don't understand Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are right, the blame is shared, but Jefferson is the key. I think the coaches are trying to make things easier for him, which is why we are seeing so many easy handoffs and a not-terribly-complicated offense. But the SEC is a major league and an SEC-caliber arm must be found, either in Jefferson or one of his colleagues. This week, I'm thinking.

LSU must be balanced. Balanced offenses are always the shiftiest one. They have far fewer tendencies.

We all want to see it, no more than the guys who recruited him. But they don't want to hang another quarterback out to dry and we must trust that they know better than we do when Shepard is ready.

I haven't seen a team discipline issue, just lack of focus by a few players. Bench 'em for a series or two and it focuses the mind.

There is rotation happening on defense, running back and receiver but not at quarterback and offensive line. I think we need to start breaking in the young guys. They can't hurt.

You are a glass half empty feller. I see a top-10 team with only one close loss to the #1 team and that may lose another one to the #2 team and still finish 11-2 with another bowl win and a top-5 finish. We could also win out and play both championship games at 13-1. It ain't likely, but 10 or 11 wins this year is a damn fine season of football in the Southeastern Conference and 9 wins is respectable in the top tier. We are ranked #7 in the BCS ranking right now, which is a damned envious position that a lot of team would covet.

And next year looks bright.

Stress is going to kill you early, podnuh.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mostly depends on predicted development of a qb, again.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im not at all saying we dont need balance, we do. Im just saying we have to establish the run to help JJ with play action. The run would soften up the D. So LSU must establish a run threat or an ability to pass. Im more of a passing person, but I know you must run as well.

As for Shepard, I agree he doesnt look ready to play QB. The thing with Shepard is though he could be playing WR and RB, getting some touches there as well. Get him touches and then use the fake to help other plays. Spreading the field and getting Shepard the ball could give us some explosion in a mundane O. There is no reason Shepard isnt in and we arent using more spead attack to help keep the D off balance. The coaches have to adapt.

Focus and discipline are both pretty relative. LSU lacks the discipline/focus to not kill themselves with boneheaded penalties. THats on the coaching, which isnt coaching up the kids this year.

Im not saying we are a failing program. Im just saying that we have our tougher games coming up and we must improve a hell of a lot in order to stay a top team and not turn into last year all over.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am slipping.

Just found out my brother posted tonight and he didn't disappoint.:grin:

P.S. Nice creativity with the screen name.:lol:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think you give Saban too much credit. Remember he doesn't limit his meltdowns to BCS opponents or games. ULM and UAB come to mind.

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Miles is a very good coach. The O depends on development of JJ. Everything is in place for a few more championships. LSU doesn't get that many penalties. They are 2nd in SEC for fewest. Right now the O is weak link and it will get better. Maybe as soon as the bama game.

Down the hole tide.

7. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

Just sucking off your message board fame.:hihi: