I emailed the following to Dennis Dodd of Sportsline.com

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mikeNJ, Jan 5, 2004.

1. mikeNJ

mikeNJ Founding Member

was i too harsh or too lenient?

Dennis..

Thanks for you articles..
    umm, let me see. USC beat Michigan (yeah, that's tough)..LSU beat OU (one of the best teams all year)..we don't know who would win between LSU and USC..we just don't know..in the NFL, we know as we have a playoff.

The BCS was created to take away the subjectivity of writers and voters who 'think' one team is better than the next. I mean, how do you know that USC is better than LSU? Having a BCS method with all what it entails is sure better than the old way of doing it.

I'm glad both the LSU and USC players get to have a national championship. It's a kids game and the kids won titles..Lets be happy about that. However, lets change the system or improve upon it for upcoming years. But don't give grief to USC or LSU fans..their teams dominated this year and are both champions!!

2. Riverrat

Riverrat Freshman

Definitely not too harsh. Very gentlemanly. Reflects well on you and LSU fans in general. I read his column and thought it was nothing more than unsubstantiated opinion about how supposedly unbeatable USC is.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

thats a good email and you are right on.....to me there is nothing wrong with a split title.

its like Lavalais said..."Its like winning the powerball lottery. If you win it all, its great....if you have to split it with someone, its still great!!!!!