I enjoy LSU football without LSU "fans"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by floridatigers, Sep 28, 2010.

1. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

Living in Florida, we had better offensive stats for the first three weeks. Our D kicks ass and our Special teams are lights out. Am I happy with the QB? No, but when FSU fans talk about how embarassing the hate for our coach is, I have no answer. I will, again, have to take a break from these "fan" or "bitchfest" boards. I was at LSU from 85-91 and watched the decline of the program then. This is not the same. There has been improvement and keeping a jackass like Perilloux would have kept some of the wolves at bay, but I was proud of Miles for not being Meyer or Saban or Bowden, etc... Get a grip. We improved last year record wise, and the overall team has improved this year with the QB as an exception. I have friends that are totally miserable about Miles and the Tigers, but holy cow they would have been happy with a 9-3 and New Years Day bowl when we were in school. Oh, and to claim that we have dropped off, name me a team that wins NC's every year (including UF) and I have a farging bridge to sell you. I am happier than UT fans, GA fans, some UF fans and definitely ND fans. Sorry for the rant, but some of you are very disingenious. :geauxtige Torch away!

3 people like this.
  2. DiamondheadMS

DiamondheadMS Founding Member

Floridatigers,
    What I find offensive about your post is the Cowboys and Braves logos on the left. As for the rest, you have a point. Sometimes our coach confuses me, but I am not into bashing anyone. I believe that Coach Miles is in the top 5 for pay, so I think he can withstand the criticism.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This comes from having an absolutely spoiled fan base. We are victims of our own success. This is not to say that most of the complaints don't come with some level of validation, just that the conclusion many continue to harp on is a bit over the top.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Lay off the Braves. I agree about the Cowboys, though.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well there's no need to announce it, just gtfo.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This. Sorry the fanbase isn't up to your standards. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it would be hard to find a fanbase that doesn't have fans like that. At least we haven't heard stories of people putting for sale signs in Miles yard, or threatening him, or his family.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My concern is that the dissatisfaction with the coaching staff is becoming known nationally. To everyone outside the program it's a bunch of spoiled crybabies bitching about an undefeated team. A lot of fans would kill to be where we are. It cannot help but hurt recruiting eventually. Criticism and even complaining are fine but it's being overdone to the point that we, as Tiger Nation, are losing credibility.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

I agree, but I'm hoping that if we finish out the year strong, beat either Fla or Bama and go to either the SEC title game or a BCS, it'll go away before our own fanbase and media begin to damage the program.

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

It's not just the our fans, local sports talk has been bashing Miles even when he was in the process of winning a NC, and ESPN has pretty much been either ignoring LSU and Miles or bashing us, especially after the Ole Miss debacle.