I feel for you guys....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GatorChamp17, Dec 25, 2004.

1. GatorChamp17

GatorChamp17 Founding Member

I am sorry you all had to lose your coach...I know how that feels! It hurts knowing that there was alot more championships coming your way and boom the man that started this program is gone.....Not saying you all wont be good but it really sucks....Good luck in the future and have a good New Years!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Only difference Spurrier was there what 10-11 years ???

3. 12 I think. Thanks Gator, you always have good things to say over here- thats appreciated.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Thanks for the kind wishes... LSU will move on.

5. GatorChamp17

GatorChamp17 Founding Member

Yes it was 12 years...What sucks is that people never say how you all were the 2003 National Champs cause they are so stuck up USC's butt and they call them the National Champs...BTW I think you all would of kicked their butt!

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

GatorChamp, about 4 teams in teh SEC would have smoked USC last year...

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I know it
    :cry: :( :bncry: :mad: :angry: :po: :po: :cry: :sob: :cry: :cry: :sob: :cry: :cry:

Maybe we should all just go cry in our beers. OR better yet let's start an email campaign to Skip suggesting we just shut down LSu football all together now that Nick has left the building. *sniff sob. :sob: :sob:

We can all gather round the Crystal football and sing the beatle's yesterday over and over.

NO THANKS. WE'RE LSU and we've gone through coaching changes before. We'll still kick the gators, rebels, dawgs, etc....and be one of the elite teams in the toughest league in NCAA, the SEC year in and year out! bank on it buddy! :thumb:

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

One big difference is Spurrier's jump to the pros came so unexpectedly that it caught UF off-guard and scrambling a bit to find a replacement.

They shot their wad over Stoops, then settled on a Ron Zook who, if memory serves, contacted them and lobbied them for the gig.

LSU, by contrast, has had at least a year to lay the groundwork for this day. Everyone from boosters to the administration had plans in the back of their minds for just this contingency...and when it did come about, it took nearly two weeks to wrap itself up and caught nobody at LSU by surprise. The fact that LSU already has an executive search firm contracted to begin a search immediately attest to this.

Only time will tell, but this may be a blessing in disguise insofar as Nick wasn't cut out to be the head of a college football dynasty. Best we get someone to coach who is more inclined to spend the next decade or so in Baton Rouge now, when the program is loaded, than later.