I feel safer...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Commie.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

if they are swabbing there for explosives, they are REALLY getting into some personal space!

3. SabanFan

It could be on the hands, filthy mind.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

From an article on Isreal's airports:

'Without a person who intends to do harm, an attack will not take place,' he says, explaining a system which - although obviously alert for weapons - concentrates on people, questioning them and, if deemed necessary, subjecting them to further interrogation and even physical searches.
    Critics say this method is racist, since it involves racial profiling. Arab passengers, or non-Jews, for example, are routinely subjected to greater questioning than are Israeli Jews.
    Backers point out that the system works. The last time an El Al Israel Airlines aircraft was successfully hijacked was in 1968.

If the USA took this approach the security at airports would move faster and would be safer. Of coarse the little leftest fairies at the ACLU would take them to court.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok not to excuse this, but from what i saw, and what i know is the rules....

there was a stroller in the back ground that could have been the little girls. if so, things like strollers, casts, etc are routinely swabbed looking for traces of explosives. if something was on that stroller, then everything gets patted down, swabbed again, gone through, to make sure there is nothing else. that is not random, it is following the rules to make sure that there is NOTHING else on the person who owns the whatever that swabbed positive. the tsa personnel dont necessarily want to do this, and it is not just picking out a 6 year old, it is following what tsa has ordered.

i do not know there was anything on the stroller, but i would be willing to bet there was. and it is the screeners jobs to make sure they account for why, and there is nothing else. when my cast tested positive, everything in my carry on got thoroughly checked, and contents swabbed as well as the bag. i got a very friendly patdown, and i was swabbed looking for explosives. the woman who patted me down had to have her gloves then tested to see if there was anything on me that the gloves would have picked up.

they take explosives very seriously, and if anything sets off the detector on an initial swab, then the rest is following the rules.

just my observation from experience.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

because i am racist, i would never have suspected a black man was a serial killer. sometimes racism actually does cause problems and mistakes. still makes things easier in the long run though.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who is it then. It's young men of middle eastern descent!. It's not liberals or conservatives, it's the law of the land. Profiling laws have been on our books long before there was a flying arab issue.

8. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Every time I hear serial killer I think EMO white boy, but in Lee's case, that dude was off. He was a known peeping tom and was pointed out by a girl that was attacked with a machete as her attacker years after the attack when she saw him in local store. Dude was off and we all knew it, I just hope his appeals fall through and he stays in prison. I'm nervous that he will succeed in showing that his DNA was not properly obtain, if so he will walk for the murder he got convicted for.

9. SabanFan

Liberals don't want any profiling. It offends their sensibilities and may lead to racism, which is the most horrible of all crimes. Conservatives want to catch the bad guys and don't care if some individual gets his feelings hurt.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tired old stereotypes. Make your case if you think you have one.