"I feel sorry for the Kentucky players." -Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Nov 9, 2002.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Did anyone catch that at the end? An interviewer made the comment to Saban about why they say the game is played for 60 full minutes. He said he was happy about the win but felt bad for Kentucky.

2. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

That statement showed class on the part of Saban. I'm sure he's been on the other end before, so he could sympathize. ...But I have to admit it was funny watching the reaction of the Kentucky players and fans who had already begun celebrating only to realize LSU won the game. That was sweet. :D

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My favorite was the frat punk in the brown coat and tie (on Channel 9's camera view) who was heading right for Randall with obvious smack on his mind when he suddenly realized that the shoe was suddenly on the other foot. Then from another camera angle from behind the play (great work WAFB) you could see all of the idiots climbing the goal posts totally oblivious to the LSU celebration which could barely be seen in the background....PRICELESS. Don't tape the game. Tape Channel 9's coverage at 10 tonight.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm one of those kooks who believe in jinxes. When Lorenzen dumped the gatorade on his coach before the game was over, I found myself thinking "He's jinxing his team! they could still lose!"

And what do you know?

This play will become famous. Not so much because of the Hail Mary completion, but becaue of the premature celebration of the K-Y players and fans. How embarrassing!

Nick has style doesn't he? I would have been grinning like a stripe-assed ape and taking credit for coaching it. But he was talking about how bad the K-Y players must be feeling and that LSU was lucky.

It wasn't luck, Nick. Kentucky was jinxed.

5. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I don't feel bad for those fans...What a buncha idiots I loved seeing their faces man running dancing then Randall pumps his fists going nuts the idiot looks down field and was like "What $#%&" hahaha. I'll never forget sitting down so pissed off, then seeing the ball go into Devery's hands man it was nuts. Did that really happen?????