I felt we had a special team this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Offense#1?
    Who have we played this year other than Georgia?
    A few Cupcakes?

If our offense was #1 looking the way they did in the Georgia
    and Florida game I feel sorry for the last place offense in the
    sec.

How many first downs did we have in the Georgia game and
    how many times did we cross the 50 yd line today and in the
    Georgia game?

We're looking for consistanty not Mediocracy.

I just wanted you to realize today wasn't just a bad day,
    the offense really wasn't much better against Georgia.

I watched the game twice, Florida won a champioship and has
    been good all these years because of consistancy of offense and
    defense.

Not accepting a mediocre offense.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm with you.

We are definitely one of the Top 20 teams in the nation so far this season!!

:geaux:

:lsug:

3. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

I agree with you KCTIGER....Every year crazy things happen in college football...Look at Ohio State losing today.. Miami still has VA Tech and Tennessee. Tennessee might not have a chance but they might help lsu out. Who knows what will happen. I think LSU looked over Florida but I believe they will be back next week. GEAUX TIGERS

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

This team from every phase of the game outside of the punt return and DJ's performance, did not play with the focus and fire of the previous games. The defense allowed a cheap TD, poor tackling, so there is enough poor performance to go around. Maybe now the team will listen to Saban and play with fire and focus. We can say how we missed Jack Hunt and JA was imjured and all that stuff, but the fact is, backups must step up their play. That is what the top teams year in and out do. Look at Miami, no matter what your feelings are, they have a player to step in when one goes down. We're not at that level yet. Saban is just starting to have all of his players. I do not believe he was out coached, LSU was out played today. A win is a win regardless of the difference, but to compare the talent, UF had to play with everything they had to get a 19-7 win. We played the worse game of the season, and was in the game until the end. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot. One game does not make our season. We will now find out what kind of team we have. None of us had any thought of a 12-0 record at the beginning of the season. Many thought we had a favorable schedule and we still do. Many people have stated that the team bought into the media comments and that may be true. But I've read post after post about NC, SEC championship, and on and on. The players probably read this stuff and mabe that was a contributor too! Yes this is among fans, but if you read enough you begin to believe it too. I projected a 9-3 or 10-2 record before the season started and I believe that is achievable and an 11-1 season would be special. I say lets lick our wounds and move on to SC. Geaux Tigers!

5. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

You're right...All is not lost.
    And from the way that the Media is talking, there won't be two undefeated teams in the NC game this year. Possibly one and another team with one loss.

No one made it through the SEC undefeated last year.
    The same thing happened to Georgia last year. Had a crappy game against Florida. It happens...

Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, and set your eyes on Atlanta... Go out and beat Auburn..!

6. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I thought we were special too but not special enough to go undefeated in the SEC. All along I still felt Auburn was the best team in the SEC. I really thought we would go 10-2 or 9-3 and go to a major bowl.

I just started to think Matt Mauck had that something special. Florida exposed him. Saturday was a show of what talent can do for you. Chris Leak, although a freshman is a big time talent. Mauck is not. That seemed to be the difference in the game.

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Mauck is still 10-2 ...I would rather have 10-2 than a 2-10 record. Our boys had a bad day it happens to everyone. There are only 3 undefeated teams OU, Miami, VT that matter. Someone ...maybe all of them will hit a speed bump. It s better to take it now than late Nov. I still think LSU can make a run, I dont think they can win it all, however it does not suck to be in the top 10. Still building a winner year after year.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Jeez, people.....it was ONE freakin game! ONE! Listening to you people whine you'd think we have just gone 0-5. Suck it up and get behind your damn team for THIS week's game.:geaux: :lsug:

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Tiger Dabbs, no one is saying we are not behind the team. Yesterday was a case where our QB played maybe his worst game as a Tiger. It does happen. You IMO are overreacting with your post. Settle down. We will all be there cheering the Tigers on come Saturday. Look for Saban to have them ready.

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

uhhh, did you read sourdoughfan's post?!? But I guess somebody gotta get blamed, huh? Hell, I thought 11 players were on the field at a time. Mauck didn't score 19 points for the gators, yet he gets all the blame?

It just wasn't our day. That happens in football. Look ahead and not behind. This FL game may help the rest of our season if we learn from the mistakes and fix it. the season ain't over...