I felt we had a special team this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 11, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I, personally, am glad to get this "LSU will go undefeated" talk behind us, and MAYBE now we can get to looking at this one game at a time. I still believe there's a lot to gain still this year. Look at this, after as bad as we played yesterday, we only fell to where we were before the Georgia game. I'll take that after a bad loss like we suffered. Let's go get South Carolina.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sooner or later, we will have to learn how to deal with talk about going undefeated if we ever want to be like the Oklahomas and Miamis of world.

They seem to deal with this stuff quite well...

3. DarkHornet

Yes, but I still think (and felt that way at the beginning of the season) that LSU is two years away from being that kind of team. We are definitely on track to be that kind of team, but we are NOT there yet. If we were, Saturday's game would have never happened like that.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Sorry, I had to bring this post back up. I had a fun time reading everyones comments...

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by TigerWins
    Sooner or later, we will have to learn how to deal with talk about going undefeated if we ever want to be like the Oklahomas and Miamis of world.

They seem to deal with this stuff quite well...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but I still think (and felt that way at the beginning of the season) that LSU is two years away from being that kind of team. We are definitely on track to be that kind of team, but we are NOT there yet. If we were, Saturday's game would have never happened like that.

If we are still two years away I can' wait until we start beating everybody by 50 or more.

6. DarkHornet

Glad to see I didn't stick my foot in my mouth very much.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

lol...hey, we all did...

8. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

I especially like this post. We all felt the way, but who knew how wrong this post would turn out to be. Geaux Tigers!!!!

9. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

Someone need to inform Sourdoughman of this "re-post" check out some of his comments on the first page. Pretty pessimistic, but I know how he hates a loss.

10. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I hope he dosen't hit the edit post button. He will hopefully learn from this.

Thanks for bringing the post back. A lot of TIGER FANS never gave up on their team and have to feel extremely good about their words on such a terrible day.

GEAUX TIGERS