I finally got to watch the TU game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Here's some things I noticed after watching.

1)The meerkat is still dead...stay that way! I thought the most impressive play call I saw last night was a running play by Charles Scott. We ran the play off tackle to the left...picked up about 3. THEN, immediately went to the line and did it again...picked up over 10. Tulane's defense was completely caught off guard. They didn't have time to get into position. It was clear that was the plan, and it worked to perfection.:thumb:

2)Kelvin Sheppard and Harry Coleman are incredible.

3)Patrick Peterson missed two tackles...:eek: Really, PP is incredible...it was shocking to see him miss tackles last night.

4)Chad Jones is where we all thought he would be. He is really relishing in the role Chavis created for him. He is no longer tentative and confused...and he hits like a train.:wave:

5)Brandon Lafell is an amazingly gifted athlete. The play at the goal line...with his momentum carrying him out of bounds at the 2...to completely turn around and stick the ball across the goalline...impressive to say the least.

6)Shep. Wow. I can't wait for the next few years with this guy on the team!:tigereye:

7)It's a lot better when LBs lead the team in tackles instead of secondary guys.:)

8)Lavar Edwards...yes sir! Excellent future!

9)SPECIAL TEAMS!!!! Excellent in all phases...returns, coverage, blocked punt (Congrats, Daniel)

10)The future...
    a)Ridley
    b)Randle
    c)Shep
    d)Edwards
    e)Clement
    f)Jefferson
    g)Chavis

The list goes on and on...

Overall, I for one could not be more excited to see this team peaking at the right time...and seeing a glimpse of things to come...and liking what I see!

PS-Brandon Lafell? More than impressive. AMAZING!!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was great seeing plays get off faster in the first half. But they went back to meercat more in the second half, however it seemed like they were experimenting on the sidelines. Good team to experiment against. We will damn sure need to be able to see who Nick has in the game sometimes and check off to a better play.

Barksdale, Shaw, Faulk, Hurst

The second-string offensive line was opening holes for Ridley in that last drive.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yep...like I said...the list goes on and on. I didn't want to make the post any longer, because I for one get tired by the end of most of John's posts. But you're right...and there were some future stars in there on defense too. Mo Claiborne comes to mind.

4. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

Just as a point for discussion, do you think the holes were bigger or do you think Ridley was quicker to the hole than Scott?

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yes.
    -
    Take into account that TU had some reserves in too, but the holes were bigger for Ridley. A lot of the time, Scott...and other guys, including Shep...were met in the backfield. The OL was backed up a few times early in the game.
    -
    But yes...Ridley looked really good last night. He hit the hole fast...showed great vision...and his cutting ability was refreshing, especially considering the knee injury. He doesn't appear to have any mental blocks concerning the knee.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

heres a comment on the game, compliments of greenie....

"its a good thing lsu was looking past us to bama. i'd hate to think what the score would have been otherwise." :hihi:

seriously, he said that this morning while we were driving back. i was listening to espn radio and every time they would take a break and give the top 25 college team scores from yesterday and mention "lsu 42 - tulane 0" he would yell something about "shut up bitch, you dont have to keep telling us!" (yelling at the radio!) one time he said something (while talking back to my radio) "you dont have to pause after that score to rub it in". i finally couldnt resist. i told him she had to pause to catch her breath from laughing. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I hope their running game success translates into future success with tougher defenses; the Tulane d-line was relatively smaller. It was hard to judge late in the game the holes created for Ridley as the game was already won with non starters on the D, I think. However, Ridley did look impressive and very fast hitting the holes. Like to see him more.

I hope they can work on correcting the problem of JJ staring down on the receiver; that was how he got the interception. Hope he learns from it. He still has to work on getting his throws off quicker; he seems to have better success when he does that.

Overall it is a good sign that the offense is utilizing its impressive array of talent; good way to keep the opposing team off balance. Defense continues to look good.:thumb:

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Thankfully we reserved some of those points for the Bama game. Didn't want to waste them all on the Greenies. :geaux: :LSU231: