I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Frogleg and shane0911 like this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

My Dr told me stay away from internet articles about gbm.

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

That's fine and good Bro ... I'm not trying to pawn some internet article on you. All I asked was ask your doctor about this ... and see what your doctor thinks about it. I"m on your side dude.

.... and this is NOT an "internet article" ... this is from Pubmed .. the clearing house of ALL medical literature. and more specifically the Medical Journal ... Medical Oncology. There is limited evidence that KD is synergistic with chemo and rad in prolonging positive outcome specifically in glioblastoma. I'm sure your doctor knows more about it. Your doctor may think it is bunk ... and that is fine. Your doctor treats people. But these are in the published, peer reviewed medical literature.

Molecular Metabolism
    Volume 33, March 2020, Pages 102-121
    [​IMG]
    Review
    Ketogenic diet in the treatment of cancer – Where do we stand?

Author links open overlay panelDaniela D.WeberSepidehAminzadeh-GohariJuliaTulipanLucaCatalanoRené G.FeichtingerBarbaraKofler

AND ....

Med Onc., 2020 Jan 11;37(2):14.
    doi: 10.1007/s12032-020-1337-2.
    Ketogenic diets in medical oncology: a systematic review with focus on clinical outcomes
    Rainer J Klement 1, Nanina Brehm 2, Reinhart A Sweeney 2
    Affiliations
    Abstract
    Preclinical data provide evidence for synergism between ketogenic diets (KDs) and other oncological therapies. The aim of this systematic review was to summarize data from clinical studies that have tested KDs along with other treatments used within medical oncology. The PubMed database was searched using the key words "ketogenic" AND ("cancer" OR "glioblastoma"). A secondary search was conducted by screening the reference lists of relevant articles on this topic. Relevant studies for this review were defined as studies in which KDs were used complementary to surgery, radio-, chemo-, or targeted therapy and at least one of the following four outcomes were reported: (i) Overall survival (OS); (ii) progression-free survival (PFS); (iii) local control rate; (iv) body composition changes. Twelve papers reporting on 13 clinical studies were identified. Nine studies were prospective and six had a control group, but only two were randomized. KD prescription varied widely between studies and was described only rudimentarily in most papers. Adverse events attributed to the diet were rare and only minor (grade 1-2) except for one possibly diet-related grade 4 event. Studies reporting body composition changes found beneficial effects of KDs in both overweight and frail patient populations. Beneficial effects of KDs on OS and/or PFS were found in four studies including one randomized controlled trial. Studies in high-grade glioma patients were not sufficiently powered to prove efficacy. Evidence for beneficial effects of KDs during cancer therapy is accumulating, but more high-quality studies are needed to assess the overall strength of evidence.

Frogleg, shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Worth a shot to bring it up.

Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nothing to lose and everything to gain

shane0911 likes this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Ok a return to normalcy.
    I have been back at the apartment for the week and have been to radiation treatments and chemotherapy. Both are going well although I think I can feel the effects of the chemotherapy and radiation treatments adding up. Could be that I am imagining it, but I do feel different and I am have a metallic taste in the back of my mouth.

More to follow later.

LSUpride123 and KyleK like this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

hang in there! we're counting on you!

because who else will bring some common sense into the conversation??.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thats definitely the chemo. Hang in there buddy. We are always here for you, hope you fight like hell! You've got this kiddo

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

So I am back at my place between Huntsville and college station.

I have two great sons and wonderful daughter who got everything back together that we lost during the freeze.

I did lose my heard of black buck and that hurts but not the end of the world. Better than the alternative which would have been the wife's goats if we would have lost any of those she would have been unbearable.

So I am left with two stragglers one male and one female. The male is good size better than 20" horns and the female is average size. I would like find a hunter to shoot both so if anyone knows of such a person please pm me and I'll come up with a price.

He will have to kill them both and get them off my property by end of day any upcoming Saturday.

LSUpride123 and mancha like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are they good to eat?