i guess i'll chime in

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 17, 2006.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Re: no review

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

not exactly... what I'm saying is that it's my opinion that it wouldn't have made a difference. You really can't expect an official to see the same thing you and I would see courtesy of slow-mo replay.

There were plenty of worse calls in the game, I'm just surprised this one is being singled out when it's highly questionable.

BTW, I saw no "marking off" of the penalty, only a flag that was picked up based on a more complete informational picture.

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

it reminded me of the ND/USC game last year, only worse.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes one or 2 close calls you can overlook but reversing correct calls is blatant to me when added with multiple wrong calls in the process. the sc/nd game was one call like the AU leverage call 2 years ago so its easier to accept.

damn i was close to getting over it. i need rehab possibly to fully exorcise this or even a priest. preferably non-catholic.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the thing is, I'm not crying over a lose. big deal, we've lost b4.

Auburn fans should be upset too. but I guess just like two years ago when they went undefeated, at the end of the year it's easy to forget a bad call on the goal line, that basically won the game on an extra point kick. REFS should NEVER be in the game so much as to decide the outcome on questionable calls. Legit calls is fine. I know they are only human but can they do better? aspire to do a better job? I think so.

Can't say I've seen that called since or before. I kind of thought at the time it would come back to haunt them and it did. No BCS NC for an undefeated season. That's a crime right there.

So in retrospect...... this will come back to haunt them. It might be when they play UGA later this year, or it might be next year, who knows, but I have no doubt it will happen. I can't say it is Auburn's fault, it could just be poor officiating. It is starting to get weird how it happens in auburn every other year though. something smells bad, whether it's true or not.

I hope we never get wins like that.

but by and large we should stick to my motto, no crybabies.... it'll come back to them in spades. motivation for next year. We still lead the series.

:geauxtige

6. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I've felt the sting of loss before- I mean, I watched us lose to Houston and UAB before- but this one just burns still. All the way home, my grandfather and I would sit in silence for long periods of time, only to begin bemoaning and yelling the fate our team was robbed of. I was there in '04 when that lame-@$$ penalty that was never called before and will never be called again screwed us over, but this is worse. This is so much worse. I didn't see the LaFell penalty from the front, but I was standing live behind him, and I saw a defensive back put his arms around a receiver before the pass got to him. I saw Hester get hit out of bounds on our last drive. I saw Doucet get waylaid before the ball get tipped. Now, I may not have a TiVo installed in my brain, but if I can see the obvious from over 100 yards away, why can't the officials? I'm sorry if this horse has been beaten already, but I'm just getting home and had the whole way home to simmer. I had told myself before the game that A. It's just one game (and it's just a game) and B. I'll see LSU lose again if we lose. But to come out of this game like we did- with NOT A SINGLE TURNOVER and holding Auburnt to it's lowest offensive performance in 10 years, as well as racking up 311 yards of total offense, more than 100 more yards than the opposition, I think something begins to smell without looking at the penalties.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the point of the replay to help decide crucial "game-changing moments"? I would think moments like these would be game changing.

And one more thing, for those that were there at the "game"- have you ever seen longer commercial breaks in your entire life? We would stand there mid-drive simmering in the sun while ole' Red Hat would be on the field for minutes at a time. They killed several drives with that ish.

Congrats to Auburn, BTW. Defense is great, offense is over-hyped, and your officials are awesome. Do you pay them as much as CTT or just CAB? (Kidding- sort of)

It just... ugh. Disgust. Anger. I'll get over it- and fast, with all the studying I missed going to the game- but for now I think that this couldn't happen at a better time in the season. Come back for a 12-1 and finish in the top 10.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yea that rule is BS, i think that any call that can be overturned should be able to be challenged as well. If the refs get to look at it again to change the call, then why not the coaches or the actual replay officials? that is total BS.

8. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe it would have made a difference, I believe that LSU! had the momentem on their side, and I also believe that :lsup: would have scored.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Not trying to pick on you but what was 'highly questionable'? Your player was in the act of tacking Doucet before the ball was tipped.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know if the penalty was marked off. I just can't remember a penalty announced and reversed a few minutes later. It stings more since it was so obviously the wrong thing to do.

10. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I think if LSU would have scored on that last drive we may have seen a little yellow flag against you know who.