I HATE (Let me repeat...HATE) Auburn but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, Nov 14, 2010.

1. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

In order for LSU to make it back to the BCS (assuming we beat Ole Miss and Arky...man Arky is tough) then we have to pull for Auburn so they get the AQ to the BCS (and likely the NC game) and conference championship and we would be an at large because we are ranked so high in the BCS.

However...if Carolina wins then they get the AQ to Sugar Bowl as conference champs and Auburn would be the at large.

I will actually have to cheer for Auburn to beat Carolina...I'm gonna throw up!!!

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Absolutely correct.

We need Auburn to be 13-0 and in the BCSNCG.

We need to beat Ole Miss and Arky so we can get to the Sugar Bowl.

3. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

The auburn Bama game is huge for us re: bcs bowl bid.

4. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

I don't think you will have to cheer very hard for Auburn to take care of Carolina as long as Cam is playing imo. They look much better than they did at the beginning of the year so I"m not going to worry about the "hard to beat a team twice in the year" scenario.

5. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

I was just thinking about the Sugar bowl earlier myself. Indeed for LSU to make it to the Sugar Bowl, Auburn will have to win out. Should Auburn lose against the Gamecocks, Peach Bowl anyone? Or would LSU go to the Capital One or Cotton Bowl?

6. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I would bet on Capitol One, even though we went there last year. We would be the only other one loss team. If AU is undefeated going into the SECCG, then AMAB and R-Kansas would have 3 losses. No way either of those teams jump us for Orlando (perhaps to play Michigan State in the "We Hate Nick Saban Bowl").

Perhaps, a USC win would propel us over Auburn in the BCS, due to the lateness of their loss and LSU having a stronger OOC schedule.

Islstl, BCS rules question: is it still a rule that the top-4 BCS teams that are not conference champions are still automatic berths? Under my scenario, if LSU was #5 and Auburn was #6, the Orange Bowl would be able to choose between the schools, but if LSU was #4, they would have to take LSU over Auburn. Is that correct?

GEAUX TIGERS (GTHOM)

7. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

I will not cheer for auburn this year period. Dirty players, POS Newton family, dirty staff and program......all too much, I don't care. If we win out we will be in great shape, so I don't care. Why not hope they just lose the next 2 and be in the cap one bowl themselves.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

This to the fullest.

Alabama and South Carolina both stand very good chances at beating AU. Here's hoping Auburn is left in the cold yet again, and forced to make their own fake championship rings.

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I have a hard time believing the NCAA is going to let the Auburn fiasco continue on through the rest of the regular season, SECC game, Heisman trophy dinner and BCSC game. NCAA football is about a half step above Pro Wrestling at this point and moving down quickly.

1 person likes this.
  10. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

If AU loses to Bama and S. carolina, where does LSU go? Is there a chance That LSU would jump TCU. (LSU's strength of sch. is growing while TCU's is dropping.)