I have a Curley Hallman question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Actually what finally sealed his fate was loosing to Southern Miss in Tiger stadium. After that game, Joe Dean finally made it official. He did coach the last game against Arkansas in Little Rock--We beat Arky pretty bad. It was really strange because we where there, were having a blast, the team looked so relaxed and so much better; it was really hard to believe it was finally over. Last thing I remember is Coach running off the field with his daughters under his arms. They were so happy--he won the last game and it was all finally over.
    Curley's 2nd year was my first year at LSU so I lived the horror. I also got to know his daughter Jennifer, and still keep up with how she and the family are today.
    It was really a bad situation--He wasnt ready for what he fell into. We were decimated at talent. The inmates were running the asylum--NO discipline on the team. Coach made alot of bone headed decisions and we as fans were ruthless! I am actually embarresed to this day at how we treated that man and his family. Tore them apart. Hell, that was when they didnt make but a couple hundred a year either.
    Anyway he wasnt the man for the job. He was old school, came in started slapping guys around, trying to get players back in line. It might would have worked had the wheels not fallen off in year 3. After loosing to ARky at home and to seal another loosing season the players stopped listening.
    The funniest story I remember was the Kicker at the time who was already on Curley's **** list for several things was wearing a bandana at practice, coach took it from him wiped his sweaty ass crack with it (at practice) and threw it back in his face.
    As far as the cheating on his wife, thats a cheap question to ask and really none of anyone's business.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

not true, ask haslett if he feels he can conscientiously lead a team with character issues.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

what might have been.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Archer

arnsparger put the hex on us.

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

yeah my dad always tells me the story of how we could of had spurrier as our coach...

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have heard by the most reliable source that Spurrier agreed and signed a contract to be LSU's coach after Saban left. I dont want to name names but take it how you want it.

After he signed with SC, we made a push for him and he was really excited about the opportunity to coach for a powerhouse program and he wouldnt have to deal with the pressure of being in the East and have to play his old foes every year, except for the Gators.

He signed but the NCAA voided the contract for some reason. My guess is conflict with breach of contract laws. However if this is true, this is the reason why I wouldnt want him as a coach for LSU. That shows no loyalty and could cause problems down the road for any team.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im almost certain this is the biggest load of crap anyone's ever sold you. try to ignore this person from now on.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

i am not sure what is more bizarre, the story itself, or the fact that he actually believes it

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Yeah...there would be much less pressure on him at LSU.

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I STRONGLY AGREE!!! I was actually laughing as I read it!

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I never said I believed the story.:thumb: I am surprised no one has made any guesses on who the most reliable source is. If you knew that it might make the story sound a little more reliable. It is the same source that emailed my Dad and told him that Saban will be taking another job 3 weeks prior to the news.

I didnt want to believe it and thought it was a joke. I was praying during the Christmas break until I got an email the day before the news conference.:mad:

If I ignored him from now on, I wouldnt get great away game and Bowl game tickets and I really would have to ignore LSU all together.