I have come to the realization that......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuBruce, Oct 22, 2002.

1. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

we, as LSU Fans, are the target of attacks just as top football programs are. We are known nationwide as being some of the loudest fans in the nation. We are know nationwide as being some of the most hospitable and cordial fans in the nation. We are know nationwide as being the best tailgaters in the nation. Bottom line is we are just plain DOGGONE GOOD !!!!!! We're an asset to all of our athletic programs, especially football. And just like opposing fans attack Miami, Tenn., Alabama, UF, FSU, ND, etc. for being jealous of their good football teams, these same fans attack LSU Fans for the same petty jealousy.

Auburn is obsessed with the fact that they are not recognized for being the best at anything. They seem to be an angry group and now they have a leader (Tubberville) who is only going to make them meaner and more angry. We didn't have problems with Auburn until he got there and now these Auburn fans have really taken a turn for the worse.

Of course, I don't speak about Auburn fans in general. Most Aubies have a mind of their own and know that we are mostly good people with fun in our hearts and love for SEC football. It's the childish, out-of-control fans that I elude to in this email.

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

LSUBruce . ..

those of us who have a "mind of our own" appreciate the exclusion. and yes, as a top team in the SEC you will be more of a target.

But if you want to know why LSU is a target of fan reprocussion . .head over to WEN . .

3 out of the 6 most recently discussed posts (at the time of this post) were flat out flames started by an LSU person (not to mention another which was a personal attack that was deleted). Meanwhile . .over here on Tigerforums . . you have two Auburn folks who are trying to give you guys information about entertainment and the stadium at Auburn. BTW . no LSU fan showed up at WEN to actively post until after there was a weekend in which LSU won and Auburn lost.

While yes, the problems at WEN are the act of a few . . its people like that who will sour others on your school as a whole.

3. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

Thanks, Chuck

And I understand what you're saying. I guess, that's what a lot of us are saying too. While I don't like the behavior that we both speak of, I get really frustrated when I hear the rampant stories that ensue the actions that were displayed on national TV last year. Our team, under Saban, has displayed exemplary behavior and sportsmanship. I just think that we all have undesirable fans and that it is brought out that LSU has the worst, right after the game last year.

Also, I put a link below to the EZ Board site for Auburn. There was a post that stated "We will beat LSU". I responded with "I admire and respect your support for your team". I went on to elevate their fan base and give high praise to them. I said good luck War Eagles. Not long after, the attacks came. Told me that they are the original Tigers and War Eagle is a cry, and not in a very nice way. They propagated that LSU fans are all inclinated to act very ignorant. I didn't respond.

So, I guess my point is, for every LSU fan that is said to be bad I can find a bad Aubie. I do feel that as nice a person as you are, you would still get very upset if a certain fan base singled out your team or fan base with rumors that were really not credible. I'm not saying that there isn't bad apples but I am saying that we're no worse than UF or UGA or Alabama or Auburn or the rest. Thanks for coming over. Nice to talk to you.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

)Long)
    I have been to WEN, I dont post there, or at autigers.com but I read them from time to time.

Yes there are LSU fans who make asses of themselves over there and other boards.

To say Auburn is not the best at anything is not a right comment either. LSU has won one SEC title since the split, lets not get to excited everyone in the SEC has enjoyed the greatness we have now, Auburn included. Who went undefeated in the 90's (Yes I know they were on Pro..)

I do believe LSU gets blamed more often then not for stupid things. 90 percent of what is said on other boards are flat out lies. LSU fans dont throw full beer cans at peoples heads. I have seen our finest remove people for yelling to loud. Please....

like when an Auburn fan said him and his girlfriend had to fight over 6 LSU fans who attacked them in front Tiger Stadiumand he had to fight them for over an hour, to save his life etc etc.

We all know that is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

People make up stories about us. None of these things happen. MOST LSU fans would never allow this to happen.

Anyway, we have a pretty rough crowd. That is what makes us who we are. No one is ever in fear of their life, no one is in danger. People dont like us because we have very loud stadium and we are a tough crowd.

The funny thing is, we are 1/10th as bad as Yankee stadium where people get beat up in the bathroom. Everyone thinks that is funny and cute.
    Someone gets Tiger Bait yelled at them, and the want to call in the National Guard.

My problem in closing, is all the lies. Specifically on Auburns board about our grandmothers physically attacking their children. It is all stupid and is what is making this rivalry worse.
    We are not innocent, until we stop the few idiots we have, they are going to lump in the rest of us.

LSU fans were pretty rough on Auburn fans last year. Very little of what they claimed actually happened. Yes they were yelled at, yes they had tiger bait. But no one was attacked. (It even sounds stupid) but LSU fans wanted revenge for their coach. If you dont think so you were not there. Instead of blaming us, they might want to ask, "Why has LSU fans gotten so angry at us" Simple look at your sideline, I dont need to cover what all he has done to make an ass of himself (Not the cigar thing, the fake knee down and score, the running up, the stomping of the eye etc etc etc)

But I am hoping most of this can die down.

Geaux Tigers.

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I went over to the ez board

to check out what you were talking about . . and it should be noted that it was the same idiot the whole time . .

and Texastigers . I agree . .there have been things done by tubby to be resented by the LSU faithful . but while the beercans and grandmother crap is lies . .there were things that did happen that shouldn't have (car lit on fire -this was in the BR newspaper) as well as the post game on the field activities. However, we can go back and forth and its all irrelevant.

I, like you, hope it all dies down.

6. la tigra

la tigra Freshman

Re: LSUBruce . ..

not trying to start anything, but do you think the reason LSU fans just showed up is b/c we are playing ya'll this weekend? And not b/c we won and ya'll lost?

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I would . . but . .

they starting coming right after the Arkansas game . .when we still had UF and you still had USC

8. TexasTigers

I think all this and Chucks comments rings loudly.

A select LSU fans may have gotten a bit carried away last year. The were fit to bear (If that is the right way to say that) however it is a minor few that did anything wrong. The car fire thing, was wrong and I had hoped they would arrest and ban the few fans that were a part of it.

I was mad as hell last year with all the Tubby things, I was yelling louder then ever to run the score up. But I would never physically or verbally abuse an Auburn fan that had come to simply watch or talk football. Heck I broke bread with many of them prior to the game. They said I sounded like Bobby Bouche.. (Bastards !)
    However give me a few moments with Tubby... I would love to share some thoughts with him ;)

Lets move on, guys. This years game is to early for the Devils water to take effect and hopefully by the time Auburn returns to Tiger Stadium that all this behind us.

Geaux Tigers

9. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

Texas a$m is not to found of LSU either. However, to a man they would love to get the series going again.

Big E

10. TexasTigers

Texas A&M does not like US ?? That is news to me.

Does anyone like us :)