I have come to the realization that......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuBruce, Oct 22, 2002.

1. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

Texastigers,

Most of the aggies I know...real don't like LSU. Sighting all sorts of stuff. Most recently...why would anyone want to play football in Baton Rouge over Collie Station? Having been to both places...I can tell you why. They just cannot understand why recruites want to leave Texas for LA.

I'll give them one reason...better program!!!

Big E

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

TRUE

LSU fans chant the TIGERBAIT taunt incessantly. It's supposed to annoy the opponent, just like the TN band playing Rocky Top 600 times a game. It's supposed to be a good natured taunt. Laid back opponents just smile and ignore it, opponents with swagger chant a counter-taunt right back. Both are OK with Tiger fans. But we don't understand weenie fans who feel THREATENED by it. We don't actually feed fans to the tiger.

Many Tigerfans use profanity. This is a real problem. I'm not talking about "Go to hell, Ole Miss". F*ck you, Wh*re, A**hole, and such are fighting words and people DO feel threatened by them. I once thought this was just a problem with some animal house fraternities, but there seems to be a lot of animal house graduates carrying-on too. Joe Dean banned "Tiger Rag" for eight years because of the "A**hole, A**hole" chant from the student section. Now they've started it up again and we can probably expect another ban of our blasted fight song! It's hard to tell somebody how they should speak, but something should be done.

Tigerfans drink before and during games. I'd say half of the crowd has at least one drink on gameday. Most don't overdo it, they won't let staggering drunks into the stadium. Obviously there are some who drink to excess and a few of them become swaggering pr!cks. The cops arrest dozens of such fans every game. But stories of drunken grandmothers hurling whiskey bottles at cheerleaders are just urban myths.

FALSE

Visiting fans often fear for their lives. People who truly fear for their lives call the police. Many fans carry cellphones and there are dozens of emergency call boxes all over campus. The police haven't reported calls from people fearing for their lives on gameday. It's mostly just the petty thefts and vandalisms that big campuses in big cities get every day. Urban myth.

Whiskey bottles, beer cans, urine, etc. are thrown on fans Bottle and cans aren't allowed in Tiger Stadium. Since 9/11 even purses are searched, so these projectiles just aren't available. Does some popcorn and ice get thrown? Probably so in any stadium. Urine? Give me a break -- urban myth. The cops are extremely aggressive in tossing anybody caught throwing anything, even a beach ball.

Police in Tiger Stadium ignore abuses. Nonsense. The security guards and the police agressively eliminate people who throw things, people who threaten, and even people who are rude to their neighbors. Fights only happen in the LSU student section and the students are across the stadium from the visitors. There is a guard and a cop for every section in the house. This is a controlled crowd.

Just my opinion, but I think the only thing we have to apologise for are those rowdy fans who take their smack-talking over the line. They don't actually hurt anybody but their vulgarities are taken as threats and cruelty by visiting fans. We should self-police this and call in the cops whenever we see it happen.

But if they just get their feelings hurt by hearing TIGERBAIT 500 times, then they are just weenie fans who should stay home.

3. tigerman

tigerman Freshman

I am an LSU fan that lived in Auburn for two years and was living there last year when all of this went on. I also went to the game last year and never witnessed anything, not saying that nothing happened but if as much stuff happened that was said I would have seen at least one. Also I thought it was so funny that for about two months everyone in Auburn was crying because that said that we burned their van to the ground. "Some' AU fans love to stretch the truth to make us look like the worst fan. Yes we have some of the worst fans but so does every school.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Its funny you bring up A&M

the three LSU fans I know best (my brother his two best friends) all hate Texas A&M more than any other school. Including Auburn.

I think College Station is a very cool place to watch a game. I have a great deal of respect in reference to how that school has assisted our country during the big wars (WWI and II) and how the have tributes to their fellow fallen students.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHO ARE YOU

I think that you think you are the next coming of Moses. You are the same person that thrashes fans of rival teams on the WEN and you come over here acting like you are MOSES the leader of the AUBURN NATION. Come on Chuck get a life man.

CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL THE BIRDA COOKIN

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Sorry, my bad

deathvalleypb&j

i didn't mean to respect a school with a military history . .

and BTW . .I thrash rival fans on WEN when the come over for the sole purpose of causing trouble. But we've gone down this road before haven't we . . I'm sure tigerforums is quite tired of you and i airing our dirty laundry . .don't you think?

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually I hate A&M to, but that is because I live in Dallas and have several A&M grads working for me. They always talk about tradition this, tradition that but ask them about their team or why R.C. Slocum still thinks the forward pass is a trick play they stare at you like Huh ??

They are very "we are better then you" not that I care.

Also has anyone been to College Station - Um not exactly Univ. Of Colorado when it comes to surrounding landscape. Very ugly.

We hated A&M back when we had a series with them, because of how they treated LSU fans down there (Hmmm Sounds Familiar !!!)

But that was years ago. I could care less about A&M and that dumpy little school. Those people have a HUGE complex because of UT....

Red55 - Great Post... Perfect

Geaux Tigers.

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

GO AWAY

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE CHICKEN NATION YOU HAVE MORE PROBLEMS OVER THERE YOU NEED TO ATTEND TO. YOU CAN PART THE SEA OVER THERE MOSES.

GET LOST DUDE

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

that is true .

I think its interesting though because its like a triangle. . Texas Tech people consider its biggest rival to be Texas A&M. The aggies think Tech in inferior to them and can't STAND losing to them. Meanwhile Texas A&M thinks its biggest rival is Texas. Texas folks think the Aggies are inferior can't stand losing to them. Meanwhile Texas thinks its biggest rival is Oklahoma.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

deafvalleyA&M

If the admin or moderators have any problems with my posts, I would hope they would let me know. If I disagree with them I would respect their decision and leave. Until then . .I can simply ignore you and have intelligent conversations with everyone else.