I have come to the realization that......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuBruce, Oct 22, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Cant we all just get along ?

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Believe me . .

I'm trying . .

3. TexasTigers

You realize both of you can add each other to your ignore list and the problem goes away.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I only

will ignore when he makes personal attacks . . its just uncalled for.

5. TexasTigers

He is right DeafValley, you two may disagree but there is no point in personal attacks. I dont know the whole story, but everyone take a deep breath.

I just hate it when people attack our state, the people of our state etc etc. (Not that either of you have) so lets not do it ourselves.
    (However Tubby is fair game !!!!)

It is just a game, lets all get some perspective.

I know I gotta stick up for my people here, but everytime Chuck comes here he extoles class.
    He puts up with all the Auburn bashing and retorts with a level head. It is good to have people like him around.

lets keep it to ripping on his coach and not him. (I am assuming you are a he, since your name is chuck)

6. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

I like Chuck too

I actually will stand up for anyone who shows respect and a level head. And like "texastiger" says, it's good to put this whole thing into perspective. I know that LSU Football, Baseball, & Basketball is something that I prioritize in my life. It's way up there, after God, Family, Career, Friends and Health (Insert LSU here). It's what I like to do. It's my passion and how I desire to spend my leisure time. But in the end I "ain't a gonna" lose my sanity and serenity over it. Just isn't worth it.

Welcome Chuck. Now, tell me why ya'll didn't start Campbell before now.. ?

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

thanks

and I am just hoping that we start him this week!!! that hasn't even been decided yet?!?!?!

8. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

I have been attending L.S.U. games since 1961 at the age of 10. I actually think the fans are kind of tame compaired to the 60's and 70's. When we beat Ole Miss in 1970 the fans in the south endzone were lighting rebel flags and tossing them down on the Ole Miss section. Also wiskey bottles and drinks were raining down. I actually felt sorry for them. In 1961 Ole Miss was ranked #2 and Minnesota #1. That day Minn. was defeated so Ole Miss was assumed to be next in line if they beat L.S.U. At half time the Ole Miss cheerleaders ran across the field with a sign " We Are # 1. A man in a suite and tie dashed onto the field and attacked and destroyed the Sign like a mad man. He was lead away to huge cheers.. The opening game of 1986 we beat a top 10 Aggie team.. As the players from A&M were leaving the field into their locker room a so called Tiger fan was cursing them out in language that was horrendous. I grabbed him and stated that he was an embaressment to L.S.U. and to shut up. I swear he had a glazed look in his eyes and was foaming at the mouth! He never said anything and left the stadium. Maybe all the losing of the 90's has humbled us because I have seen very little bad behavior over the last few years. I think it is important to police our own fans to keep it civil and light hearted.. We have enough examples of uncivilized behavior in society. Let's show the SEC how to win with class. I think Nick Saban has put together a team we can be proud of on and off the field. We don't want a few bad fans to take away from that. Go Tigers!!!

9. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

What ever year it was late 60's early 70's in the 4 second game against Ole Miss as soon a we scored I remember Ole Miss students humming their whiskey bottles up from lower south end zone to upper south end.

10. Tiger Sam

Tiger Sam Freshman

Chuck, I would like to say I'm sick of DeafValley's attacks on you as well. Those would be the fans that everyone is talking about.
    While most everything said is pure myths, some are just exaggerations of truths. Shortly after graduating from LSU, I noticed there seemed to be a new tradition of pummeling full 32 ounce plastic cups onto the crowd below in the student section whenever we scored. Why on earth would that seem like a good idea? Yeah, we scored, lets injure our own fans. While it isn't a full beer can or whiskey bottle, it is hard!
    BTW what is WEN?