I Have Had It

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 23, 2013.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

As is OBJ...

LSUDad likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It was another job of poor coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

Same things every week. We lost 2 timeouts in the first half due to clock issues. I think we had 4 penalties on 3rd and less than 5 situations. Mettenberger bailed us out every time I believe.

Thank God the defense showed up.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

A few points on the timeouts.

1. 1st half timeouts are nowhere nearly as critical as 2nd half timeouts. In the second half of yesterday's game there were absolutely no issues of burning timeouts, getting the plays in timely etc.
    2. Mettenberger - not Miles - was the one who burned the 1st half TOs.
    3. I'd rather see the team take a timeout and be clear about the execution of the play than turn the ball over as the result of confusion.

Absolutely agree on the penalties. They need to stop. Having said that, I think the false start penalties could easily be the result of a raucous stadium...that is much better than personal fouls.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nah, not on the offense. Its just poor discipline. Too late to do anything about it this season, but it has to be addressed in the future.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

These players have played organized football from Pop Warner leagues onward (for the most part). I have a hard time thinking that they suddenly throw the discipline to the game that got them this far out of the window simply because they now play for Les Miles.

northernvatiger, KyleK and Winston1 like this.
  6. msully

msully Founding Member

McTiger I think some of the calls are just $$$ calls , and some are being pumped . The 2nd quarter did we need a timeout ?? Do not think so. I want them pumped , jumping to get the 1st step, or else they will be pushed back. It is hard on my redman chew , but last night it was a one pack redman game . I maybe wrong , after all i am 67 . But i think this was the game where we got to see what our team is . . They played like a team last night , we have watched the growing pains , I think next season we are going to have some fun . GEAUX TIGERS !!!

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I know the false start penalties get addressed at every practice. The coaches can only do so much teaching and cajoling, the players just lose their concentration sometimes due to being so anxious to get the job done.

In a way I wasn't all that pissed about the penalties when they showed the closeups. The emotion levels were off the charts and their teammates had their backs.

northernvatiger and LSUDad like this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

False starts are a completely different beast than personal fouls. They are also much more forgivable when your ahead. :cool:

northernvatiger and LSUDad like this.
  9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Agreed we manage to continue to win in spite if some of our coaching. (Ie penalties)

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger