I have never in my life seen so much envy coming from one team....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jan 10, 2005.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

No fan of USC here. And I am sure you were not one saying LSU was worse than USC, etc., but many an AU fan were saying just that last year. Many an AU fan happily complied with a fenzied media who defended AU to the hilt and agreed with USC as the "true" national champs. Irony of ironies.

Maybe you should take your list of USC's near-misses and officiating blunders to an AU site. We've got a pretty extensive list at LSU - that actually went against us, starting with that bull**** call in AU on the XP and ending with a last-second hold against Iowa.

I don't take anything away from what AU accomplished this year, but I do remember many an AU fan taking plenty away from LSU accomplished last year.

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Mike I'm glad you softened your statement to "many Auburn fans" and not the generalization of all Auburn fans. I for one was glad to see LSU vs. OK last year. I have no love for USC and having lived in L.A. for awhile I know more about them close hand than most of you do. I saw some of the stuff you mention from some Auburn fans too. But I bet if you took a poll on most Auburn boards most people would have voted for LSU vs. OK as the preferred game. And my wife is an Oregon St. grad who grew up in L.A.and she absolutely hates USC.
    On boards these days you can find someone saying just about anything so it's hard to judge sometimes. Heck "most" people on this board seem to hate Auburn so I guess it would be natural when an Aubie like me comes in to get trashed. "Some" here do but by and large it's a great board and I enjoy it. Otherwise I sure wouldn't be a contributor :thumb:

I can only say that I have a good friendship with all the LSU folks I know in person, except for some bad-ass relatives who live in N.O. :hihi:

3. cottonijoe

cottonijoe Founding Member

Here's some irony for you

Ironically, I had academic scholarships from USC, LSU and Miami, Fla. I visited each before deciding. The degree on my wall says LSU. One of the major factors in ruling out SC was that their beloved university is in WATTS, freaking WATTS. Site of a couple of major race riots and the Reginald Denny beatdown. No thanks.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Who has that usc team picture of them with their shirts off acting quite gay?

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Ditto, Mike. (except for the part about living in LA).

Mike's post is true, there were some AU fans that were azzes about it, but I can say with certainty that it was a minority of the vocal, message-board variety rather than the majority that is sometimes depicted.

As for the call in this season's LSU-AU game, I agree, it was a BS call. But I'll stick with my opinion that sending the game into overtime at Jordan-Hare would've likely yielded the same outcome. The point of my previous post was not to moan about the narrow games USC experienced, but merely to point out that those games wouldn't have been close if USC was truly the "monster dynasty" that the media appears to be attempting to make them out to be.

Like the man says, "don't pizz down my back and tell me it's rainin' " :thumb:

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

while i hate USC with every fiber of my being, the fact is, no matter that the system was changed to suit them, USC did win the national championship.. yes.. contraversally, but they won it.. with one team thinking they shoudl have had a shot at it.. just like LSU did last year... so f*ck it.. congrats SC... play somebody better next year... (dont they play arkansas?)

7. cottonijoe

cottonijoe Founding Member

Yes, which means they are continuing their strategy of playing weak sisters. They'll drum Arkansas and point to it and their two wins over Auburn (when Auburn wasn't doing very well) and say that proves they can survive in the SEC.

I say until they schedule Alabama, LSU, and Georgia in the same season, they have no idea what it is like to have to compete in the SEC. Nearly every week is a tough fight. Even Vandy manages to make most games close but lose at the end.

:geauxtigs

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I remember that. Hilarious :lol:

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Is that a joke? SEC may have had a down year, I'll give you that. But to say the PAC-10 top to bottom was stronger than the SEC is uninformed.