I have no problem with Jack Hunt.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The kid is smart with lots of desire to win. He will hit anybody, anytime.

I just wish he were BIGGER, STRONGER and FASTER.

Of course, that wish could apply very well to just about all of our LSU Tigers.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think Hunt willl get better, but he was not ready to be the starter this year. He has to get bigger and stronger. Most of the people he hit still went forward. I have seen him more than once run up to someone who is in the grasp of another defender and tackle (or hug) them instead of knocking the crap out of them. He had a shot at Williams two of his big plays and did not get him.

Even if it is not possible for him to get a lot bigger and stronger. I do think he will eventually become the QB of the secondary that Damian James was before he quit. This was his first year back there, so he now knows what he needs to work on during the off season.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Hunt has talent. As long as he improves this off-season he should be fine. I think if he improves his tackling technique he could greatly improve as a player. I beleive Nick Child will be able to come in there in some situations and compliment the defensive backfield. I have seen Nick Child play in person and he is a heck of an athelete. I am looking forward to seeing him being on punt return and kick return. Put him and Skyler Green back there returning, both of those guys have some great speed.