I have to give the hoops teams a hearty congratulations...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

It's late in the day but my congrats too. It was an exciting game to watch. When the last second tip went in I hollered "yes" and pumped my fist in the air. My wife who wasn't even paying attention to the game said "I didn't know Auburn was playing." I said they aren't but LSU just stuck a dagger in bama's heart and my two favorite teams are Auburn and whoever is playing bama :hihi:

Who won the score/attendance predictions?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did i win? i was about the only one to pick bama.

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I think the question becomes how can you not make the NCAA tourney with this much talent? TE thinks Brady is a middle tier coach, which is probably true relative to coaches who have top 10 teams every year. So if Roy Williams had this team, would he win a NC? It is plausible. Would Brady pull a Mike Martz in the tourney and get outcoached by one of those top tier teams? Probably so. I don't think Brady should be fired. If he had squandered this talent and missed the tourney again, then he should be tossed. But were in so lets rejoice and hope for a good run.

I want to give big props to the coaches for improving the defensive play of Mitchell. He shut down Shelton who had a good game against us last time. Neltner will be an upgrade from Hudson next year who has underachieved to say the least. Minor hopefully will get even better. Just gotta keep the turnovers down.

4. tirk

you guys are simply genius. preparing your I told you so speech before the tourney even gets here. Let me help you...add 60 coaches names to that "outcoached" list come tourney time and when they lose, you'll be right.

can't anyone simply enjoy this team's success without having to be right about the coach even though he proved us all wrong thus far? My god people.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i like stories like this. you have earned one game's worth of fan karma from me next time auburn is playing anyone except LSU on a tv near me. :usaflagwa

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i can!

PS, tirk is the best poster on this board.

7. tirk

yes i agree. Some may disagree with his intent yet i often make the analogy that when celebs or athletes donate large chunks of cash to charities for tax purposes, yet show their face on tv to pretend its a good deed, it matters none. The good deed is still done regardless the intent.

Rooting for LSU is always welcomed, regardless the intent.

So, props to PT even though he was born handicapped being on the plains.

8. Proud Tiger

I'll settle for a green box by my reputation line. With a a few folks here, I need all the help I can get. :grin:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am not participating in this thread because I don't want to appear to be on the same side as VENICEdog.

and...what Tirk said.

10. Proud Tiger

Thanks tirk but I don't get the bit about "intent." On being "born handicapped" I actually gre up a bama fan, living only about 50 miles from Tuskalooser but fortunately I had a smart mama who wisely "suggested" I go to Auburn. Soon thereafter I saw the light :hihi: