I Knew It

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

diamondheadtiger and Brian like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Sad, really, that you have to rely on the ribbing of a woman scorned to acknowledge your own outcome.

Either let it go, or drink more.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I was at that game sitting on the 25 yd line when 3 OL's from USC jumped offsides before the snap on the final drive. That's the easiest penalty for a refs to spot, no call from the 2 Pac 10 official who were line judges. The facemask penalty was petty. Both those non calls were on USC's last drive. My age gave me the advantage of being there and I saw it live. You guys won't sway me with your youth and inexperience you weren't there I was. Funny thing I heard 90% of y'all whinng, complaining and moaning about the refereeing in a couple of past Bama games, the A&M game last year, our bowl game last year and the Saints game. What's sad is not my view but you guys hypocrisy.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Best one for me was the 1971 Notre Dame game cause no one thought we had a chance to win and it was Gods team we beat the Ole Miss 4 sec game was great too, was at both games. The USC game was 3rd best a David and Goliath match up we being David.I will go to my grave knowing we got screwed out of a win. Just a little side note about the USC game; Had McClendon put none other than the "slinger" yes Steve Ensminger in the game more maybe the refs couldn't have cheated enough to cost us the game. Read a couple of articles saying Cholly Mac screwed up not doing so. We all know ole Cholly hated the passing game.

An excerpt from an article written by And the Valley Shook about the USC game, I highlighted one particular sentence

Here is the link to the article. If you read the entire article you will see how we lost the game.

https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2...-every-season-1979-cholly-mac-usc-romper-room

McClendon kept the more running inclined Woodley in the game with his better passer in Ensminger on the bench. It proved to be a fatal mistake. Wooldey would throw to Jesse Myles on first down, but an offensive pass interference call would push the ball back 15 yards. LSU followed that up with a delay of game penalty, confused by their own home crowd noise. LSU would disastrously punt on fourth and 40. The Allen fumble ended up costing USC just one yard and 1:36 of clock.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. GiantDuckFan

ok ok, I'll let the baby have his bottle

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hey I was there too.....this time Moe’s right. It happened right in front of me.

9. GiantDuckFan

that's not the point, I was egging the stooge

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nothing like a good egging Duck but that will get your bill blown off

60d5ff7c28d9e9d16f0909bbe54279cf.jpg