I know a way to keep the bowls and still decide the national champ w/ this system

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by verouchi, Dec 8, 2003.

1. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

Here is the problem with all the people who want to use the bowls as a playoff system... It hurts you the fan... spending close to 1000 dollars a week per play off game... if you make it to the final game your tickets may be that much... 3 weeks of expensive ass road games... that sucks... i favor a play off system... by allowing 2 games to be played one week after finals... between the 1 and 4 and 2 and 3... then this will determine who will go where... this is still fair and can decide who goes to what bowls. that is the important part... if in two weeks you had michigan giong to usc for that crack at the national title and oklahoma coming to death valley for their chance to go to the national title game...damn that would generate money for the home teams... and on top of that if lsu and usc win those games then there is no dispute who should be playing for the national title... that way it does affect the bowls and it is only a road game for two teams... doesnt sound so hard to me... Tell me what yall think.

2. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

I like it! It would take the AP out. But the bowl people would have to settle for loser match ups, other than the NC game. The bowl people like to pick their teams, this would dictate exactly who they would get. They would put up a fight against it. AD's and coaches would all have to agree to it for it to happen.