I know it's just Monday but.........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mauitiger, Oct 8, 2007.

1. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I know it's just Monday but should we have some sort of limit on how much we talk about this past game before we focus on Kentucky?

How about Wednesday. Bask in the glow of this win until mid week and then turn our attention from gator meat to wildcat stew.

What do you guys think? I know.....I know.....It's going to be hard for me to stop talking about one of the greatest, if not THE greatest game in TS history but we've got a tough road game and then "The big sloberknocker" w/aub. You know CLM is not letting his players get over excited about this win.

Then again, we are not the player's are we? Do we indulge just a little bit more?:D

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Good call, Maui - I'd say it's fine to bask in the glow through Monday, but I think Tuesday is when the team starts to put in the game plan, so we probably should do the same.

Hard to let this one go, though. I've been watching the replay for two days and it just gets better and better.:eek:ldskule:

3. mauitiger

Believe it or not I haven't watched my recording of the game yet. I don't know why. I guess I've been checking out the posts too much and reading press. Maybe we don't have to stop talking about it alltogether just change most of the focus. There are going to be things that come up here and there about that game. Has to be.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I would say we aren't the players and it depends on who we beat.
    I think that we should bask in the glow because we beat Florida, they looked and played like a top 3 team in the country if you asked me.

Kentucky??
    I know we play Kentucky but they are a basketball school, speaking of that I hope John Brady is already game planning against them but as far as football is concerned.
    Some LSU fans I know tried to convince me how good their football team was this year but I didn't buy into it and I think I was proved right after they played USC.
    Yes this is the SEC but the only way we lose to them is if we beat ourselves.

1 person likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I just watched the 2nd half again and it's better than the first time. :lol:

6. mauitiger

I know this is a COMPLETELY different team and situation but I just don't want a repeat of that horrible loss to Ole Miss the week after we beat #1 FLA. :shock:

It seemed like all we were talking about was how we beat number one in the nation and then we fell flat on our faces. I know that was then and this is now, the players play the game and we just talk about it; how could we affect the outcome and all that but it almost feels like guilty overindulgence.

7. mauitiger

O.K. I'm going to watch it tonight.:thumb:

8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Damn near feel like I did after my first honeymoon....Y Know...all warm and fuzzy inside...romantic and all...LOL

:tigerhead:eek:ldskule::tigerhead:eek:ldskule::tigerhead:eek:ldskule::tigerhead:eek:ldskule::tigerhead:eek:ldskule::tigerhead

9. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I had not thought about us basking in the glow so much and not moving on to our next game. I went over to the Gator board and they are still wallowing in their loss. It's very depressing over there. I think we should enjoy this another day then hit Kentucky hard. I'm actually thinking about driving up for the game. I have to be in Memphis most of the week and may change my mind. The Kentucky game will test our defense in a completely different way. I like the way these games are lining up. I think we get stronger after each game. We will be so ready for the 2nd half of the season after the Kentucky game.

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Geez, can't look ahead, can't look back. People will be talking about this game long after I'm gone. I'm gonna enjoy it as long as I'm alive.