I know its only Jan, but LSU vs Marshall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Jan 5, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Marshall is a good mid-major I beleive and is capable of beating many bigger schools. I know ESPN really like these guys. I would suspect they would pick this one up for TV. But I have a bad feeling that this game is ripe for a THURSDAY matchup:mad: I know that ESPN is wanting to move La Tech vs Miami to a Thursday. If ESPN for some aweful reason wants to move it is there a way for LSU to deny or block it? I would hate for this to happen, what do you think are the chances of this happening?

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i dont think it will happen....seems like a big $$$$ loser for LSU and the economy.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Marshall is just another small conference team without Byron Leftwich.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I thought only Cincinnati and Louisville played on Thursday nights.

5. BayouBengal

Re: Re: I know its only Jan, but LSU vs Marshall

I recall seeing the Hurricanes playing a Thursday game this past season. According to the Shreveport Times the La Tech vs Miami game may be moved to a Thursday to accomadate ESPN.

6. I really don't think that LSU would go along with it since it's a home game. They would definitely loose some money it would seem like. I don't think it would be a problem if it were an away game. I believe Auburn has already played a game or two on Thursday night.

7. BayouBengal

I know the fans and school administration would be against it but being there is an agreement between the SEC and ESPN, is there a way for us to block it from being moved if ESPN wanted to?

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Don't fret the chances of an LSU game on a thursday regardless of the opponent are nil. Logistically there is now way it could be done. It would require a shutdown of the school from wed - fri.....and you can bet that won't happen. trying to keep school in and have a football game would be impossible....where the hell would anyone park.

most thursday night games are at schools in rural areas or schools whose stadiums are off campus.

i think all lsu has to say is no, I don't believe they can be forced to move a game....maybe time not date. you never see it exercised b/c you always want to be on tv

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Did you say shutdown of school from Wed-Fri? If so then I'm sure all the students would be happy to sacrifice for the good of the school. ;)

10. BayouBengal

I like getting out of class as much as the next guy but there is would just something morally wrong with an LSU game on a Thursday. Make it a 11:30am JP game before you make it a Thursday game.