I know people don't like to talk about this, but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerdoc88, Oct 29, 2002.

1. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

since we have a bye week, I figured I would bring it up. The talk from last year about Coach Saban leaving and more rumors this year had me wondering what we would do if he left. Who would we be most likely to go after? Maybe Coach TT? (that's a joke BTW) Just wanted to see what everybody thought.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHO KNOWS??

I don't think he will leave anytime soon because of the fact he has young children and he has said he does not want to move them around from place to place. But, that day will come and hopefully LSU has learned that this is the place for the Best Coach with a BIG TIME name. I really hope that Saban, when he does leave he leaves LSU with all the Coaching records because that means he stayed for a long time. I also hope that Saban creates a coaching staff that grooms great head coaches around the country that are considered LSU coaches and maybe when he does make the decision to leave one of those LSU coaches will come back and keep the tradition going.

LSU A GREAT UNIVERSITY

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

what will probably happen is . .

After Fran leaves Alabama to go to Texas A&M, Saban will leave LSU to go to Alabama . .

LSU will then go after Damon Duval as their head coach.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Saban is not going anywhere, but if he did I have submitted my resume and plan on interviewing with Skip shortly after.

My resume includes but is not limited to

1. Over 62 National Titles on PS2 NCAA 2002
    2. Several Super Bowls on Madded 2003
    3. Love LSU and will make decisions with my heart and not my head
    4. I will violate almost every recruiting rule in the book to get the players I want - Fellow TAF and Alumni open your check books these kids are getting new cars
    5. I will hire my buddies as coordinators.
    6. I will never punt (See #1)
    7. I have a tendency to run the same play every time if it keeps working
    8. Like R.C. Slocum I think the forward pass is a trick play and like to pound it between the tackles. (Teaux gained 932 yards in a 132-0 blowout againts Auburn one year in NCAA 2002)
    9. I will allow my players to date cheerleaders
    10. My wife will be in charge on feeding the players. They will lose much weight. Due to her cooking being a bit vile

Thanks about it.
    Let me know when Skip wants me to start.

[​IMG]

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

that, was funny . . .

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I agree TexasTigers that was funny as hell....

though I got more than 15 national championships in NCAA 2003 and more than 50 superbowls on Madden 2003 (only games me and my buddies play about year round).....but in all seriousness if Coach Saban did happen to leave I personally wouldn't mind seeing maybe Coach Jimbo Fisher getting a shot at coaching a caliber SEC Team....I think he can do it if he had the support of the University

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Georgia and Texas have my favorites after Saban. I don't want to give up Saban for any of them. Another season and we will be watching LSU FB with Nick's boys. That will be the tell all in coaching and getting the players.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Texastiger ,

that may have been the funniest thing I have ever read on this board, hell, thats the funniest thing I have ever read anywhere. Good Job!!!!!!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Old Ball Coach

If Nick leaves the Tigers for the NFL by that time the egomaniac owner of the Redskins Dan Snyder will have fired Steve Spurrier
    Maybe the Old Ball Coach would want the LSU job

10. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Spurrier and LSU, is like mixing oil and water, just won't happen, but.....

Spurrier and Florida again is a possiblity...who knows