I know people don't like to talk about this, but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerdoc88, Oct 29, 2002.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think Saban will stick for 5 or 6 years and try to establish a winning program like Spurrier did. Then he will go to the NFL for 3 to 5 million a year.

There is no way he will leave for another college team. He turned down Notre Dame last year. He regularly declines approaches from 2 or 3 NFL teams every year. The NFL will always be there for him and he's in no hurry.

He has no buyout clause in his contract and when he's ready, he'll go. But it damn sure won't be to Alabama, Chuck. That program has long since lost its shine, at least to people outside the state of Alabama. To the rest of the football world, Alabama is no more prestigious than.... well, Auburn.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

TexasTiger has my vote for coach. Be sure not to use any cheat codes though;)

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

red55

I was being EXTREMELY sarcastic when I said that (of course you may being being sarcastic also and I'm just missing it).

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

coach

You guys are really reaching for things to discuss.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hey, it's an open date week. It's kind of slow. Why else would I be teasing Chuck?

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I won I won !!!.
    an OUtstanding Post !

I would like to thank the Academy and all those who believed in me, My producer and loving wife who cleans up the living room and repairs the damage to the house after an LSU loss with a smile on her face and a knife in her hand. I would like the thank the little people. Damon Duval for brutally attacking Band Members and providing inspiration. I would like to thank Tubervilles ears for giving me years of smiles and a better reception on my T.V. (Cue the music) Also I would like to thank my dad who if had not gotten drunk that night I would have never been here. I would like to the Dallas area restaraunts who saved me from my wifes cooking that would be sure to have killed me by now.

Thank you Thank you.....

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Congrats!!

That was quite an impressive resume. I'd like to submit mine for a possible offensive coordinator position. I also never punt and have won quite a few Madden Super Bowls on different levels (Sega, Playstation, PSII). I've even won with the Saints before they had the talent they have now!!!

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

lsu99 you sound like my kind of coordinator. Hired.

As long as you never punt, always go for two. Also you onside kick every kickoff.
    I do now allow kickers on my roster and cut them. There is no need for kickers.

A position is open for Defensive Coord..
    This person must realize my style is to blitz on every down. I like to drop my center and DL's into coverage, and blitz the safeties and LB's. Completely confuses the opposing team.

Also if we are about to lose, we will quit the game and request that we start over to the league.

One other thing. No games will be played before 7:00pm. No opposing fans will be allowed in the stadium AND Players will not be required to attend class. I need football players not doctors. Class confuses them and takes away from film and practice time.

So far we have

Head Coach - TexasTigers
    Off Coord - lsu99
    Def Coord - Open
    Special Teams - Open
    Trainer - Open

If you would like to apply simply post resume, and lsu99 and I will review.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think I may be able to fill two positions. First, I have lead the NCAA and the NFL in interceptions and sacks year after year. I too like to drop the DE's into coverage alternating LB, S, and CB blitzes. You will see many "User Pick's" with me on the sideline. Also, I am an accomplished body gaurd. I have years of martial arts training and am an excellent marksman. I must have wasted thousands of cops in GTA3. Im beginning training to pilot helicopters in GTA: Vice City. As you can see, I am a most well rounded assistant.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I offer my services as Special Teams coach. My only credentials are that I live in Breaux Bridge, thus, have potential access to DD's gene pool.