I know we've been in similar positions before, but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hunt4heisman, Sep 19, 2003.

1. hunt4heisman

hunt4heisman Founding Member

this game feels different to me as a fan. I don't know what it is, but I get the vibe that this game should be won by LSU. In years past, (Va. Tech, a couple of Florida and Auburn games) we played what amounted to a preseason of sorts for a few weeks, as we have this year, only to come to a big early season game, and fail. I remember feeling like I wanted LSU to win, or that if this or that happens, we could pull it off, but it just feels different this time. This time, we are the more healthy team and are at home. Talent wise, I don't think Georgia has better football players than us, or better coaching. Not to mention their inexperienced O-Line. I just feel LSU should win.

2. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

I'm with you.
    This is the first time I've looked at our schedule and thought, "we don't need to upset anyone." If we play hard and play smart there isn't a single game we can't win.
    I'm not saying that it will be easy. To the contrary. I worry about Miss. St. as much as I do UGA or UF. However, I think tomorrow will go a long way towards showing the true measure of the Tigers. It will show whether Saban's philosophy has taken root.
    For what it's worth, I believe it has.

LSU - 28
    UGA - 17