I know you guys say there is not bad blood

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Sep 6, 2001.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

between BBF.com and the lair, but their seems to be a lot of bad blood from their end. I'm sure you know that BayouBengalFootball.com is treated like a curseword over their as far as their filtering software is concerned. But someone wanted a depthchart, so I posted www.bayou bengal football.com as a subject header and told them where to go, and the Nazi admins over there deleted the post, and banned my IP address; temporarily I'm assuming, because this happened to me once before. So can you please explain what is really going on, because they don't treat DandyDon's website like that for example, or Tigerbait.

Thanks

2. TigerwithaRope

TigerwithaRope The Beast driver

I've noticed that ...

many of the posters and admins there have become like a bad radio show. There are a few posts today going over just this subject. Of course all they get are negative replys. Of course I don't say much of anything there.

Well, here I am talking about them over there, how does that make me sound. At least I feel like I can say what I want here.

None of it matters anyway. The only thing that matters is tailgating till the next game!

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't know what the deal is.

I think whatever happened between BayouBengalFootball.com and the Lair happened before TigerForums.com came on to the scene. I have no idea why they allow discussion of some Tiger websites and not others.

Obviously, TigerForums.com is a direct competitor being that we're both LSU Tiger message boards and I can understand them not wanting to advertise us. I'm not going to allow blatant advertising of them either but if someone happens to mention them in a post I’m not going to delete it.

Sports message forums are kind of funny. Their members get very attached to their respective boards and won’t hesitate to bash other boards even if we both support the same school. If I post on another SEC board, a Lair member will usually attack TigerForums.com. I certainly don’t think it’s anyone officially involved with the Lair and I wish some of our fellow Tiger fans would understand that we’re not the enemy. We also have to understand that many users range in age anywhere from 13 to 80 and that usually the more negative posts come from users in the lower end of that bracket.

The bottom line is that I can’t speak for the Lair or explain their policies. It’s their board and it’s they’re free to run it as they see fit.

Our policy here at TigerForums.com is to allow free and open discussions. I started TigerForums.com because I was a member of other forums that use this type of forum software, and I think it’s the best software available for participating in discussions. It’s nothing more than a personal preference. Some guys like the software the Lair uses better.

I think it needs to be stated that we’re not gangs where people have to choose one over another. I certainly welcome Lair members to post freely over here. We’re ALL Tiger fans and these boards are just another way for us to connect when we’re not sitting next to one another at our favorite Tiger events.

Now everyone join in for a big group HUG!!!!

4. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Reply to J oats

J,
    I have no idea why they dislike me so much. I really don't care. I have emailed them to ask for a reason, and they never responded. I have never done anything to make them so angry, I just think they look at my site as a competitor since it is also free. Let me know if you ever find out why! I sure as hell would like to know myself.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Re: Reply to J oats

Now this is an interesting thread.

It was under the "Similar Threads" list at the bottom of a thread I was just reading.

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Well said Brett. :thumb: