I LIKE #4

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUXARMY, Oct 16, 2007.

1. GEAUXARMY

GEAUXARMY Founding Member

When LSU started the season at #2 it seemed like they where playing for #1. When LSU was annointed #1 they went into cruise control, and lost some intensity. I think this loss was a good thing. For the simple fact, at the level we were playing we were going to lose, and to lose to #17 UK is one million times better than losing to an unranked BAMA or Arkansas. So now that we have been hit in the mouth we know what it feels like and we know that from here on out we will be doing the punching. I know these TIGERS are fired up. I am.:angryfire

4 people like this.
  2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Yeah, it's kind of like Rocky III. We're still in position to take on Clubber Lang.

Err... I mean vie for the national title.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrOawFUdFfU[/media]

1 person likes this.
  3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I'm resting easy knowing that the two teams immediately on top of us will either fall, or we will jump them at some point if we win out. Just be glad it's Boston College and USF.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

That is heck of an inspirational video for the Tigers before the Auburn game. They needed that. They also have to remember it is payback time!

Geaux Tigers.

5. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I would have much rather won and stayed #1 and start taking some of these hungry Blue Chip recruits from the other big schools. Continueing this success for many many years to come.

6. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Yea, me as well...but as I said in a previous post...they need to "sack up"

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I can't wait to see our game. It should be another classic AU/LSU slug fest. I'm hoping we can really lay it on Auburn and shut them out.

The game I'm most curious about is Florida/Kentucky at UK. Florida is going to be so up for that game since UK just beat us. Can Kentucky get back up for another big game? They should if they want to win the East.

I like where we are as well. :geauxtige

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This logic seems to be very popular. Do y'all really think that LSU was playing harder because they were #2 and just laid back after being voted #1?

Sorry, but that makes no sense.

9. Faxis

Faxis Freshman

Yeah I hate to say but as much as we'd like to believe that had something to do with it, it's a lot more likely the injuries are the reason we allowed Kentucky to stay close enough to win that game.

If you think our guys were thinking about anything beyond the next play and their job during that game you're nuts. We've got a team that's playing hurt and some key positions are now filled by guys that aren't our tops players.

All the esoterics aside, the eleven guys that are on that field right then are the team. And right now that team is not as good as it was at the beginning of the season. Now they've just got to get past auburn with the team we have now.