I like Limbo doing football talk on ESPN**

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JD, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

i like Al Michaels OK but I miss the Madden - Summerall team. Maybe Pat is getting up there in years but he is still great at contributing to the action on the field in an understated manner while he let Madden go off on his thing. Fox screwed him in his last year by not renewing his contract. He lives in Dallas and he did some Cowboys games last year. I don't know if he is doing anything this year.

The Giffer was the steady voice of MNF for years, going from the team of Dandy Don & Howard through Fran Tarkington through having to work with Joe Nameth and Orenthal James Simpson at the same time. One of my favorite all time moments on MNF was one game when Cosell was being even more pompous that normal. The game was a blowout and they were probably all getting pretty plastered in the booth and Dandy Don Meredith said "Howard, how do you keep a turkey in suspense?" Cosell said "Please tell me Danderoo, How do you keep a turkey in suspense?" The Danderoo replied "I'll tell you later Howard"