I made a TigerForums chat room if you want to join

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Dec 21, 2004.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'm going to go ahead and post my channel that I had set up. I was going to wait for Brett to let me know that he had the forum software going, but I feel the need to post it now.

IT resides on a different server, irc.enterthegame.com.

The channel name there is also #tigerforums.

The benefits of the enterthegame network are as follows:

24-7 ChanServ bot idling in channel allowing for auto-opping / voicing of users, locked topics, kicking and banning users, and VHOSTS allowing for anonyminity of those who don't want their IP visible for anyone to see...

2. philter

philter Founding Member

You are mistaken, 99% of all IRC networks have a chanserv, those are built in to the server software and dont' show up in the member list. I know how to 'do it right' - this was a test I set up over a week ago to show Brett, but he never got in touch with me so I thought I'd just let it be useful during the crazy times.

I can/will set up a security bot to monitor the room if he decides he wants to use it. I don't know what you mean about Brett installing 'forum' software on his server, where I'm typing this right now is a forum - Brett doesn't need to install anything on the server for others to access my room or yours. Are you referring to a script to convert vB users into autovoice or autoops?

Even if you've written one, ETG adds auto-* users by their hostmask (does not even allow you to use a NickServ), which can vary so much that a script is useless for a lot of users. If we used yours, anyone wanting to regulate the member names (for instance keep userA from impersonating userB from the members here) would have to customize a host mask for each user - and what if he/she wanted to join from work? You'd have to make one for that too.

I could care less who's chat we use, I just released mine because I saw you and others talking about doing one for weeks with no results - when it took me 30 minutes to set it up last week. With your posts above I really get the feeling you do not know as much as you think, no offense.

If Brett wants to have a chat (and from what I see it is not clear because of liability), I was going to make another room for contributors only - or explore other options.

The guy who said the chat went down last night, the chat didn't go down - you were dropped from the room by a netsplit. Those are caused by the server network losing contact with one another for varoious reasons. They are unavoidable at times with IRC & all networks suffer from then occasionally - you just need to rejoin the chat.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

hey did you know tigerragandew's iq is 157?

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I was the one who wanted to set an IRC room up, I posted first, and I got in touch with Brett.

There is an add-in to vBulletin which will allow people to go to tigerforums.com and chat on IRC through the forum software. I do not know the internals of it. I was working directly with him to set this up.

I have VHOSTS set up through ETG (TigerForums.on.EnterTheGame.com) which will give members both anonyminity and simplicity of host logins.

There were no "results" because I was the one working with Brett on it and was waiting to announce until he installed his vBulletin add-on. I had it set up within an hour after his first PM.

If you can offer VHosts and channel bots, great.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Here we go again... ;)

By the way I found a way in the web.config to solve ALL my compatability issues I was having with Mozilla and the things I was doing in .NET. You guys pointed me in the right direction. Thanks
    Something so simple solved all my issues with text box sizes etc etc.

<system.web>
    <browserCaps>
    TagWriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter
    </browserCaps>
    </system.web>

6. LiquidDirt

LiquidDirt Founding Member

Uh, now who made the room invite only ??????

7. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I was on all day and I can't get on now so I don't know?

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

Argh! Enterthegame has always been laggy to me. I'm used to Gamesurge.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

It is open to the public again.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Just bumping so it doesn't get off the first page...

:thumb: