I must say thanks!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hpmcdaniel, Jan 16, 2005.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You're welcome Heather.

My wife loves football, she catches more Pro games than I do. She keeps me informed as to who is playing and when. Plus she mows the lawn! life is good.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Everytime my wife asks who's playing, I just say Toledo and Topeka and she nods and quits bothering me.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

While my wife will never be a diehard football fan, she does ask with genuine interest about the Tigers. She was raised in east Tennessee and graduated from East Tennessee State. She was a fan of the Vols when we met. She now wears LSU apparel to work on Fridays before football games and has an LSU sticker on the rear window of her car. She watches the games with me, too.

4. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

I am a wife that loves LSU football. I fight for the Sports page first thing. Now that I have stumbled upon this forum I keep my husband posted on the latest scoop.
    I remember waking up at 5:00 in the morning after a great game and thinking...it's out there, right in the driveway and getting up to read the sports page and relive the exciting game and then going back to bed. Now I am just a night owl on here...
    But I thank y'all too. I am learning alot here and this forum is nicer and easier for us Geaux Geaux Girls to read than some of the others.
    One question that I have that y'all could answer but it isn't exactly football...the bball game that went into overtime has me wondering how that OT works. I know for football they each take turns trying to make a point in the end part of the field, and the first one that doesn't loses. I think. But how does that work for bball? Is it each team gets so much time and they just happened to tie in the OT again?
    I cheered for CHS in the state Championship against Redemptorist (We lost..thanks boxhead or whoever you were...) and I didn't know much about it back then and even less now. Help?

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

In basketball they go into a 5 minute overtime. If after 5 minutes they are still tied they will get another 5. Eventually someone blinks and one wins. Just took two of them for the Tigers to beat the Buckeyes the other night.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

In basketball overtime, 5 minutes are put on the board, and I believe 3 TOs are given to each team, 2 - 20 seconds and 1 full. Everything is the same... the only thing I am fuzzy on is whether there is a jump ball to begin or whether they go by the possession arrow. Also, all fouls are still counted so if a player has fouled out, he is still out, and if a player has 4 then he can still foul out (I add this because an ex girlfriend who understood most of bball thought that all team fouls became obsolete in OT ie if your star forward fouled out he wouldn't come back).

7. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

That's just not right, I can understand football, but mowing the lawn too?

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

In college, I believe each team is given an extra full (1 min) TO. There aren't any 20 sec TO, only 30 sec.

Jump ball begins OT.

Technically, on any level of basketball, hs, college, nba , you have unlimited TOs, unlike football.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

From a woman's point of view,it is! My husband knows that if there is a game on, I will have the tv on waiting for a game to start before he does. And I remind my husband every time that he is a lucky guy! So far he agrees with me.

The down side is the arguments over who gets the sports page first.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Now, please educate every girl you know so my wife doesn't ask me what a touchdown means....