I must say thanks!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hpmcdaniel, Jan 16, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pet peeve of a lot of guys (ok just me) who follow sports... do not ask questions during the games unless its some game he's not really interested in. Unless they are dudes who don't really know crap themselves then they feel smart explaining it to a woman, even though they don't know themselves.

2. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

My wife only cares about sports when it is LSU playing. So I at least have that. But when she watches it, she asks me, "Who has the ball?"

What?!! Don't worry about it, just jump up and down with your bra off when i jump up and down and shout. Cheer when I cheer and cuss when I cuss.

And don't ask me why I'm mad when an LSU player is laying down in the endzone. "why are you mad, the LSU guy is in the endzone?"

"IT's a safety Darling, but if it makes you happy that we have an LSU player in the endzone, jump up and down some more. Now don't ask me why LSU is now kicking the ball off after a safety."

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

:thumb: :thumb:

4. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Originally Posted by CParso
    Are we sure having a girlfriend that loves football is such a great thing?

I've only had extremely positive reaction from boyfriends. It's such a big part of life in the fall and so much fun to read about all year. Most of my friends that are girls love the Tiger every bit as much as the guys.

5. burnline1

burnline1 Freshman

JSracingBBF, either you lie really well, or you've married my dream girl. Does she bring you beer too?

6. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

Point well taken. That is why I don't mind TV games, replays and the announcers drawing things on the screen. They used to put a little football symbol by the team that had possesion, but i haven't seen that lately.:dis:
    I have learned to not ask and just figure out who has the ball. :wink: The thing that impresses me about watching in the stadium, okay well there are lots of impressive things, but about the guys around us (press box side 45- 50 yard line) is how fast they can tell what a flag was thrown for! They call penalties almost immediately! Next season I am gettin a little radio with earphones and listening as I watch. I am sure that will help me not ask questions.:thumb:

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Haha my ex thought it was hilarious when there would be a flag and every guy around would call out Pass Int or holding and then the ref would call it out... she thought we were all just psychic...

8. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

By the way my husband always calls me sensuos... "Since you was up, get me a beer." Har- har.
    He showed me this dumb thing email video clip called "Wife School" It was silly. I said I will make up one called "Husband School" and he said he had graduated from it with a PHD. Right.
    But in my opinion the more you have in common the happier you'll be and having a liking for the Tigers has to be a good thing to have in common.

I don't mind getting us a beer, but a good cup of Joe in the morning (from him to moi) is nice too.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

yeah she likes it. I dont understand it either. I get to sometimes when she is busy, but not alot. she has her own lil weedeater too, my dad bought it for her. It's not all roses, if something breaks down, she hollers. I have taught her over the years how to gas the mower up and check the oil though.
    I get to do all that other neat stuff though. it ain't like I'm in a hot tub watching or something....
    BTW.
    I weed eat with Round up LOL ( redneck weedeater )

Back on topic, girls can be very AVID fans and sports buffs. MY wife while not "up" on all the defense and offense schemes, she does know the basics and is VERY interested in games, especially LSu games.

So if you have a girl that likes sports guys treat her special, take her to Tiger stadium at least once a year and PARTY! :thumb:

She would if i asked, but i rarely drink.
    If you do things for them, they will do things for you. it's not all that difficult if you really appreciate your spouse.

EDIT: she knows alot about football ( for a woman ) but nothing about racing, which is a bummer, but she goes racing with me just to be social with other people and to have fun. It's all about quality time.

10. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

What about hunting and fishing? I do both of those as well!!! :) Killed a 10 point this year :grin: . Sorry, though I don't mow the lawn, but I do take out the trash! :wink:

Heather