I never knew Georgia fans enjoyed being mediocre so much.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 31, 2010.

1. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

I've got family that graduated from UGA so I'm partial to them. Was reading their board and probably 50% of them are fine with the job Richt is doing and are actually saying how "proud" they are of how the team "fought back" to force OT even though they just lost to the worst UF team in two decades.

Georgia has all the tools to be elite. I didn't know so many in their fanbase were so content with bad football. If Miles was 4-5, I'd be on the other fence especially coming off a horrible season like they had last year.

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

It mostly a matter of perception. If Richt had 90% of the media walking around blasting him all the time then the fanbase would be up in arms as well. I hate to admit it because it is so disturbing but most human being are just like sheep. Tell them Richt is a class act, great recruiter, terrific spokesman and a "good solid coach" and people just accept it and change the channel and hope for next year.

Repeat at every possible chance what a bone-headed, inarticulate, incompetent lucky baffoon your head coach is, albeit one helluva recruiter, but with all that talent he should have won more....repeat this mantra ad nasuem and the sheeple will bleet their agreement in short order.

There are almost no facts to back up the media's constant Miles bashing and Richt fawning but the media is not bothered by facts. They are there to entertain, get the ratings up and character assassinate individuals for sport.

And one last thing to the idiotic LSU sheeple fanbase that wants to get rid of Miles.....

In what universe do you have to live in to believe that the national media (ESPN) has the best interests of LSU at heart? You might as well believe the guys on Wall St. are fighting tooth and nail to make you money.:insane:

1 person likes this.
  3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Sounds like another fan base could benefit from some of that contentment.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

:dis:

5. flabengal

Quick question, do you know of any other AD that wrote an open letter to the fanbase requesting them not to boo the team at home......

and the team was undefeated on the year?

If you can give me one example of that anywhere else I will gladly not post on this forum ever again.

If not, I would suggest it supports my idea that LSU fanbase is collectively out of touch with reality or "galactically stupid".

But I could be wrong...just my .02.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Being from Atlanta, most of my friends are Dawgs. About three weeks ago, after they lost to Mississippi State, I texted one of the more rational thinking Georgia fans I know, and asked about Richt's job security. He said that he deserves another year, but that fans are getting very impatient with him. Very similar situation to Miles actually, as he said many UGa fans hitch their support of Richt beyond 2010 on whether or not he fires or demotes his offensive coordinator, Mike Bobo.

Since I had this conversation, the offense improved greatly. The new 3-4 defense, on the other hand, has not come together at all.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I disagree about the bolded part. Here's the HUGE difference. LSU, coached by Miles, is 7-1 (4-1). I realize the season isn't over, but it isn't over for UGA either. AND...:crystal: Miles has it, Richt doesn't. And even though there are some rumblings at UGA about Richt, they are very recent. And even with Miles at 7-1 and pretty much top 10, and Richt at 4-4 and nothing more than an also ran, the vitriol towards Miles GREATLY exceeds any towards Richt. Deny that. The last time UGA was relevant was 2005. Yeah, I know their fans think they should've been in the NCG in 2007, but they're wrong. They didn't even win their division. Most of us consider the season a success with a division cship, and tremendous success with a conference cship, and the ultimate success with :crystal:. Richt has never led UGA to the ultimate success. Miles has done so with LSU. Yet Miles is hated by many LSU fans.

8. flabengal

If you put it down on black and white and just looked at the situation that Miles is in "with the fanbase" it is absolutely bizarre.

The problem I have with it is the inherent inferiority complex that it betrays.

"LSU is a laughingstock", ESPN hates us, blah, blah...

Who the hell cares? All politics is local and if the locals and student body support LSU football and Miles then his recruiting will stay at the elite level and every couple of years we will be playing for a SEC Championship or even Nat'l Championship.

It is as good as it gets....

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

For one, I have no idea...I'm not on the mailing list for any program but lsu. Two, every fan base boos it just isnt blown out of proportion like it was at lsu. Three, Aleva made a bad move with that email and IMO, he is in over his head at lsu. But that is all besides the point.

You called every lsu fan that wants to get rid of CLM idiotic and sheeple (whatever). If you don't see the problem with that then maybe you are the one with a problem.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Do you even own a television slick? "There's almost no facts to back up the medias constant Miles bashing", are you serious? While I agree getting rid of Les is premature before we try a new OC and other offensive coaches, only Les has himself to blame for the atmosphere at LSU. 3 straight seasons of the same issues, near last in the nation in offense, penalty ridden drives that result in numerous 3&Outs, turnovers and 3 years of regressive QB play will definately put any HC on the hot seat... he can fix this, only question is WILL HE?

As for us idiotic sheeple LSU fans, maybe we prefer to keep our heads out of our own a$$es and actually watch the games to help us form our opinions... please feel free to jump on the newly regenerated Seminole squad out there and quit trying to act like you whats up.