I never knew Georgia fans enjoyed being mediocre so much.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 31, 2010.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Hey there, bobo....I do own a t.v. but unlike some people I don't believe everything that the talking heads tell me....

(all in good fun, don't take it seriously....just sticking up for the coach and playing devil's advocate here)

Where is the public bashing of Lane Kiffin? The guy has left train wrecks at every stop as a head coach and yet no Kiffin bashing....

Mark Richt seat apparently isn't even "warm"....unbelievable if you compare his record with Miles.

How many players under Meyer have had runs in with the police?

I just don't get it....those should be legitimate stories but instead we hear about the putrid offense at LSU ad nauseum....

Don't you find it odd? Why no "expose" on the UF program?

Why no ESPN special on the absolute clusterf..k that is Tennessee football since Fulmer left?

It would get great ratings......

Anyway, about Miles and LSU's offense....it sucks

no chit, we have no qb and no leader on offense except Ridley.

We need a leader and a qb....hopefully in the same person.

Just go with it and stop letting the media incite you to "eat your own"....it's bad form.

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Last point, if Miles doesn't get it done then I agree, for the good of the program, he should go. Bottom line, my position is:

You have to let him lose first.

You can't fire the guy while he is winning.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

If you keep saying fire him long enough it might come true and then everyone can say I told you so. It is like Lou picking Notre Dame every year to win. Sooner or later it just might happen. That is when old Lou, if still alive, is going to say I told you so. 7-1 and that 1 could be our last lose this season. Who knows there is a lot of football to be played.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I understand you are playing devil's advocate...but here is where you fail.

1) Richt is playing with a red shirt freshman QB and has shown, what some consider, the most improvement of any team in the country. And you better believe he was hearing it through 4 games this season....the same if not more than Miles.

2) Kiffin is in his first year of the program and playing with 30 less schollys than everyone else....hate to say this, but by no fault of his own. Also...I really cant tell you the mood on the left coast. It may not be all that high on Kitten at the moment.

3) Meyer...sorry, but its Meyer, Saban, then everyone else as far as coaches go. And everyone (including the Media, local and national) is on top of the arrest issue the same if not more than the LSU situation.

4) ESPN did its part to make Tenn look like the laughing stock program of the country during Kittens departure....not sure where you were during all that?!?

Back to our current situation....Miles is in his 6th year and playing with a 3 and 4 year QB with arguably the most talent in the country. The offense has been close to last in the country for 2 years running. We shown NO improvement and sometimes appear to regress.

Now what I believe is that Crowton goes at the end of this season. if the offense cant turn around (ala defense with the Chief) within two years...or show GREAT improvement....then the common denominator will be CLM who should take full brunt for these issues.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I call BS on this. I've either been in Dallas or Chicago the past 3 football seasons...currently Chicago. I have no local bias to listen to. I'm going strictly off of national, and mostly ESPN. Richt hasn't received chit like Les has, and has made some of the same errors. You act as though this year is the only year he's underachieved. And PLEASE stop saying LSU has "arguably the most talent in the country". Unless you're willing to say the same about UGA.

I disagree with this because of this year alone. Yeah, I could use 2007 as well, but this year is amazing. Their offense is a joke, with a 3rd or 4th year QB. He's doing something that Les and Crowton can be accused of too. He's trying to stick a square peg in a round hole with Brantley in that offense, and it's an utter failure. But, two :crystal::crystal: does give him a pass. Miles has fared as well against Meyer as anyone, though.

ESPN made fun of that SITUATION, but then it's dropped. Granted, they don't have a coach that deserves constant bashing. But as a program over the past several years, they deserve much more bashing than Les Miles or LSU.

It's not that I disagree with ANY of this. But the highlighted part is so overblown. First off, IF it's true, thank Miles. But it's no truer here than at a handful of other programs, and every one of them has it's issues...with the exception of Bama at the moment. Texas? UGA? USC? (Even when Carroll was there and they were allegedly unstoppable...until UCLA, Oregon St., or Stanford came calling) FWIW, LSU's talent isn't nearly on the same level as USC's was then, and Texas gathers more talent than LSU too. So does that UF team that's struggling this year. UGA is at least on equal footing. Tennessee WAS too...on the back end of Fulmer's career. But for some reason, I have NEVER heard a reporter on ESPN talking about ANY of those teams wasting talent. Only LSU. Only Miles.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh there are a lot of fans upset with him/his assistants but, like LSU, also a lot of supporters.

Someone may have more knowledge about the sanctions and can clarify but I'm pretty sure the scholarship reduction isn't affecting him yet. It starts with next year's signing class and if I understood right it's 10 per year over a three year period.

He inherited a lot of talent though. Some of the guys he'd probably recruited himself before he left.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

he hasn't lost any schollies yet, but the sanctions may be hurting him already.

any junior or senior on the team was free to leave without penalty (anyone whose eligibly runs out before the bowl ban is lifted)

I don't know how many guys (if any) left.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

We are booing the coaches. not the team.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Doesn't make it right.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

he's won lots more than he lost. lots of people like that.

the fanbase should be proud that they fought back instead of lying down and playing dead. it's not unreasonable to think that fla is better than georgia.

maybe lots of them realize that georgia cannot go undefeated every year and realize that its good to win more than you lose and that to traditionally and historically challenge for the league title is good too. maybe they are mature enough to realize that the pendulum swings both ways.

i don't understand the "satisfied with mediocrity" argument. the man's record is something like 95 wins and 35 losses, with a couple of sec crowns. averaging 9-10 wins, challenging for the sec most years and winning it every 5 yrs ain't mediocre.

if so, then define good