I purchased the NC game & Victory for LSU on DVD yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jul 3, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I hate to say it, but LSU could have won by much worse, and also could have had itself a game going into overtime...

Our defensive line was GASSED at the end...but it seemed our defensive backs continually defended in an excellent manner.

What baffles me is the hubris exhibited by OU's wunderkid coach...Stoops totally berated NFL HOF'er Lynn Swann, who is a class act and did a great job even in the face of being a Southern Cal great and grad...

It cropped back up when Oklahoma finally committed to running the ball, albeit once they realized our D-line was sucking wind...

They finally got things rolling, and then got into LSU territory...and he started chucking the ball again...

I understand the adage of "dancing with who brung ya"...but, if you start running the ball, and find success...why not stick with it?

He was really outcoached from the get-go, and also just killed himself with his antisocial behavior towards the refs, the media, and the arrogance that's a byproduct of that behavior...It permeated through his decision making, and it cost him...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Watching the game while sober gives one a whole new perspective.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was there.. and it was so obvious they were gassed...durng timeouts Hill and Spears were hunched over as bad as any team I have seen but they played on guts. it was awesome. also, stoops antics on the sidelines were way worse than the footage shows. what a joke this guy is when the money is on the line. i was embarrassed for him. he is a tool a la spurrier at times. I lost all respect for him in that single game. Im glad he doesnt represent LSU although at one time i wished he was the guy.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I was suprised at how winded the guys were at the end. I've always thought that LSU was one of the best conditioned teams in America but they were a mess at the end.

5. tirk

they are greatly conditioned but you cant dismiss the hype and instensity of a game with this magnitude. they played ALL-OUT the entire game. awesome.

6. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

I got the game on DVD too (I was there, but its been almost 6 months, I'm getting hazy), but the sound is kinda crappy on it. Do you have that problem? Musburger sounds like he's talking in an echo tube in a sound dampened room every now and then.

7. tirk

sound is essential in games...i hate when its bad. it ruins the entire broadcast. the sound really makes a game if done well.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I noticed the same problem. The sound goes in and out a few times. Not a very good piece of work.

9. Rath21

Rath21 Founding Member

I have to DVD too, is it just me or is Musburger saying Matt Mock and not Mauck??

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Cow.... Mow-k... Mowk....