I Saw Some Flashes Last Night That Gave Me Hope For The Future

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by G_MAN113, Feb 19, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

When Brandon Bass is on, there may not be a better freshman
    basketball player in the country. In the span of about 2 minutes
    early in the second half Brandon nailed a 3 from the top of the key, swatted the Auburn shot into the stands, and followed up
    an LSU miss with a rebound and ferocious dunk. I thought he was going to take over the game himself at that point, but it wasn't to be.

Tack Minor still plays out of control at times, but has improved noticeably since the beginning of the season.

Darnell Lazare was a force in the first half, contributing some productive minutes while Jaime rested his foot.

These guys are all true freshmen. They, along with sophomore Darrell Mitchell look to be a solid nucleus for the future. If Brady can mange to keep Bass thru his junior year
    (an iffy proposition, as good as this kid is), with Big Baby coming
    in next year, and possibly Tasmin the next, I don't think it would
    be too much to expect Brady's 2005-2006 to make a run deep
    into the tournament (when I say "deep", I'm talking a minimum
    of Elite Eight). If this fails to happen, I think then might be
    the time to start evaluating Coach Brady's future at LSU. I know
    that won't sit well with the TEs of this board, but you have to at least give the man an opportunity to COACH the wealth of talent he's bringing in.

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

I agree here. This is exactly what I have been saying since the getgo. Bass is a freak of nature out there on the court. Tac will be unbelievable next year or his junior season (all-SEC). Koundjia needs to work on his offensive game, but it is very apparent that we missed him on D last night. Finally, Lazare showed what potential he has. Great jumper, EXCELLENT defender, and he even has a mid-range jumpshot. Nelter needs A LOT of work but he could become a solid 15 to 20 minute back-up in the future.

Let's look in the long-term here guys. We lost last night but we're still going to make the tournament and we're still going to be good next year and the year after.

3. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

Very nice post GMAN!!! I agree with you wholeheartedly... By the way, I am still sticking to my former post when I said that we will end up 12-4 in the SEC, that's right you heard it here first, LSU will sweep the rest of their SEC contests!!! Bank on it!!!!!

4. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

thats a bold statement there. im still excited about this season and looking forward to the sec tourn and the big dance. this will be a tough streak coming up but i have confindence, maybe not as much as jc but i think 2 of the next 3 is reasonable

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

~B~I~G~ ~B~A~B~Y~ comin' ... hold onto your britches next year ... it's gonna be a fun ride the next few years