I see that the AU/LSU thread has already

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BloodTypeOandB, Jun 23, 2004.

1. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Ha, the chip on my shoulder isnt nearly as large as the general wealth of hatred you all feel for AU. ;) And what kind of football fan would I be if I didnt have a small chip on my shoulder during the offseason??

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Oh, "hatred" is such an ugly word, Morgan...let's just describe it as the general contempt that a big brother has for a younger bratty sibling, shall we? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Well but I actually hated my little brother for the longest time. ;)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I am NOT worried about Auburn TOO much BUt of the three they worry methe most. It's because of the Human side of it. LSU notoriously over prepares for the big games. We have an AXE to grind in Florida and UGA will be hard fought BUT CNS will have our guys Super Prepared for UGA. AS he will for Auburn BUT of the three it LOOKS like Auburn is the easy one. And Try as he might it might be tough to convince all the players of this after the last year trouncing. Some body might look past Auburn at the other road games. I hope Not and I trust Coach Saban will worry about this more than me and head it off at the pass.

The key to the game in short is for us to NOT get behind on the board. sounds simple huh? No I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has about our D.

I've said it times before, Stacey knows football like you wouldn't expect a chick to know. Hell I said the same thing about Mauck last year and got reamed for saying bad stuff about him. Mauck was a leader, not a QB, he damn near lost two games for us single handedly. She is DEAD ON right when she says IF our QB doesn't make mistakes......I'll go one further and say if our OFFENSE doesn't GIVE any balls away and the score stays close in the first half, Auburn will slow down in half # 2 due to our physical Defense. that's when you might look for Skylar in the end zone. This guy is more talented than folks give him credit for.

For Auburn to beat LSU, they will have to pull some stunts and play action plays out EARLY. another words they CAN't over power our defense so they are gouing to have to fool us. Trapp plays and pulling lineman will be the only way they can run on us. If at all.

They will have to put up at LEAST 14 points in half one. If not it could be lights out in the 3rd quarter for Auburn.

In short I'd be more worried about LSU not showing up with an A game or beating themselves. It's not that I don't think Auburn can beat us, I just don't think they can by themselves. they need help from LSU and I don't think Coach Saban is going to give them any.
    Amen?

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Baubie threads like that one are hilarious!

They represent the musings and fantasies of hopeful bridesmaids.

LSU already has the hardware to show that we ain't braggin', cause we already backed up our talk with action.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

O&B, The LSU team isn't overlooking Auburn, neither are they worried about them. This team and this coach won the freaking National Championship a few months ago and we feel pretty good about them. We got braggin' rights this year and you might as well get used to it. :grin:

It would be a mistake to expect the Auburn team that got drubbed 31-7 here last year to be the same team that will be waiting on the Plains this fall. I'm not making that mistake. Of course, the LSU team that got drubbed 31-7 the year before for damned sure ain't the team that's going to visit the Barn this year. The QB is not a rookie and this team is, frankly, . . . big, strong, scary fast, smart, deep, and well coached. I've watched Tiger football for 32 years and I've never seen an LSU team so deep in 4-star talent.

Auburn is the main competition in the West and there are definitely scenarios where AU could beat LSU. :eek: . . . But they ain't done it yet. :hihi:

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

You won't know what hit you

The LSU offensive line and our running game will stomp a new mudhole in AU's azz ... and unlike Red, I'm not worried about Georgia, either. Neither team will stop LSU's rushing attack. Period. LSU's Dee will be stifling again.

That brings us to Florida and an undefeated LSU showing up at the swamp. I'm sure the 2003 AP Coach of the Year just might have his team ready. I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for Florida's chances in the swamp this year.
    The animal is mean and hungry ... and he's coming for you clowns ... LSU will smother UF and the running game will pound Florida for 60 minutes ... LSU will win by 24 points ... and roar to another SEC Championship ... I just hope UFus beats UGa so we can destroy Florida twice.

2004 is the year of the Tiger ... all these Top Recruiting classes in the hands of the Master ... Best Defense in America ...

Best combined OL & RB corps in America

Simply put ... LSU is the fastest, best conditioned and strongest team in America ... just like last year ... but a year older, wiser and even hungrier.

The Program has but one focus ... the game it plays that week. LSU's team and staff are humming along and LSU's talent is superior to anyone else's in the SEC ... only LSU can beat LSU.

ALLON VALSER :hihi:

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Well said, Ramah.

Only LSU can beat LSU.

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

People on the Georgia board call me a traitor when I say this but as long as we beat Florida this year, you can have the UGA game.....good lord its the only thing left for me to accomplish in college. Well, we haven't won a NC but I can hold off on that....

10. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I don’t know if LSU will be as good as last year but the talent is there if they can put it together, but I don’t believe Auburn is going to be as good as they were last year. They lost some quality ball players on both sides of the ball, and even if their passing game is better than last year, we have the best defensive backfield in the nation. Hence, I’m sorry but I can’t see the game against Auburn being very close, even if it is a road game for us.