I still can not believe we helped the muslims...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Dec 28, 2008.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Bosnians Protest Ban on Santa Claus

I've said it many times...we were stupid to help the stinking muslims in the Balkans.

The poor, white, orthodox Christians that live in the Balkans will never forget, or forgive, us.

2. Andouille

Andouille Guest

No matter what you do for those filthy dogs they never appreciate it.

The Muslim religion is a disease.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Such generalizations may alienate the one or two that don't want to kill us all.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:lol:

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I try to avoid such glittering generalities, but even the most charitable description of Islam would have to conclude that it is culturally backward, egocentric, oppressive and xenophobic.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is a fair definition for radical fundamentalist islamists. Islam itself is just a religion.

Take Northern Ireland, for example, radical Christians commit ghastly acts of barbarism in the name of God but it isn't reflective of the religion itself -- only of terrorists who identify themselves with a religion. Same thing with the abortion clinic bombers . . . they claim to be acting in the name of God, but they are really just committing murder in their own name.

The Bosnians are just not really bright. Santa Claus is not a Christian figure.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

That's a rather broad generalization. I found the Serbs, for the most part, to be very good people. I feel very sorry for them and the hand they have been dealt.

Also...

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

St. Nicholas was a Christian figure for sure, but the modern Santa Claus is all about the non-Christian winter festival part of Christmas. Before Rome brought Christianity to Europe, the old pagan winter solstice feasts were the principle holidays and they were later incorporated into Christmas. "Father Frost", decorated trees, yule logs, and other familiar traditions came from this heritage of pagan sources, not from Christian ones.

Jewish merchants in 20th century America further embraced Santa Claus as a way to decorate and celebrate the Christmas season in their stores without all the "baby Jesus" imagery interfering with their own religious beliefs. It's why "Happy Holidays" is supplanting "Merry Christmas", too.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

You're really the Grinch...aren't you?

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yyyyour a Mean One!!!!:hihi: