I still can not believe we helped the muslims...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Dec 28, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why, yes. Max and I steal Christmas every year and then sled down to Whoville give it back, get the key to the city and chase some Who skirt. Do pretty good, too.

[​IMG]

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Even "moderate" Islamic nations have very oppressive laws aimed at women, consider anyone who is not Muslim an "infidel" and criminalize the teaching of Christianity.

3. red55

I know what you are trying to say and I agree that much of Islam is rooted in medieval thinking. But all of these charges have been leveled at Roman Catholicism, too, at one time or another. Religions are contradictory like that. I just think that the terrorist islamists are hiding behind the religion, not acting on its behalf.

Taking on all 26 billion muslims is a futile exercise. We need to turn those people against the radicals among them if we are to defeat terrorism. Easier said than done, of course, but that's what we must do eventually. Divide them among themselves, not drive them together.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I really wish you would learn more about the koran before you continue defending it. Your ignorance on the matter belies your impressive intellect.

You continually ignore the relationship between "radicals" and the religious texts they claim to obey. Islamic radicals are doing exactly what the koran tells them to do. On the other hand, those doing violence in the name of Christianity find no such support in the New Testament.

6. red55

That post actually proves the point. Islamist terrorists use religion to prop themselves up, so they make self-aggrandizing statements like that. The religion itself doesn't condone murder. The vast majority of muslims don't give a chit about Al Qaida's agenda and do not support their methods. But they do have overlapping agreement on some issues like Israel and we shouldn't let that confuse us.

To win against 1.2 Billion Muslims (22% of the world population) we have to drive them apart, not drive them together by lumping them all together as a single enemy. Divide and conquer is the rule when dealing with a highly fragmented opponent.

Their dirty little secret is that they all hate each other and muslim unity doesn't really exist. Arab unity doesn't really exist either except as rhetoric. All the Arabs hate the Persians in Iran, the poor Arabs hate the rich Arabs, The Northern Africans hate the true Arabians, The Indian Pakistanis hate the Arabs, the Afghans, and the Persians. The Indonesians are deeply suspicious of Arabs, Persians, and Indian Muslims. Most of them don't accept American Black muslims as truly islamic, nor European muslims like the Bosnians, who they all declined to support.

The terrorists groups are even smaller players with Al Qaida, Hezbollah, and Hamas all having vastly different agendas. We don't have the resource to attack all islam, especially when most of them just want to stay out of our way. We have to split the radicals from those who can be worked with. Many Islamic countries are allied with us and important to our global infrastructure. Overgeneralization and confusion between the vast religion itself and some small bands of radical religious kooks is counterproductive to US interests.

It's a shortsighted, narrow-minded, and totally failed Bushian notion that all Islam is our enemy. We must focus on the few thousand raghead radicals that pose a threat to us and ignore the usual third-world rhetoric from the other Billion.

7. red55

Pardon the hell out of me, Dr. Abdul, so enlighten me on what I fail to understand about the Quran and be specific. So far you've only said "nyah, nyah, na nyah na." By the way, I haven't "defended the Koran" anywhere here, did you even read my post? I just pointed out the difference between a huge religion and some radical religious kooks.

What a crock. The Quran and The Bible are both full of multiple conflicting directives and anyone can find plenty of "holy book" support for practically any endeavor.

But you miss my point once again. The fact that there are a few thousand radical Christian extremists and radical Muslim extremists that both brandish "holy books" to reinforce their rhetoric does not implicate the Billions of others who read those books and get something entirely different out of it.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

No, I didn't miss anything. You're still at it, have fun.

9. red55

What a cop out. You call me ignorant, then refuse to back it up with anything. :dis: